Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2017, 09:08 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
What is the shortest Class A with Bath and half, post 2012?

Went to the Tampa RV show last weekend. We're not really in the market and we're pretty happy with Scarlet. We're just looking down the road for our next coach purchase and one thing we wanted when we got our present coach was a bath and a half. We presently have a 36.5 foot and it is a great length for us. However, it seems as if everything out there now in Class A are a few 33 and 34 footers, then it jumps to 40 ft. ++. Although it was nice to browse the "fancy" coaches, I'm trying to stay away from anything too big and also trying to avoid tandem rear axle (I realize there our handling benefits to those, but we prefer the trade off of more storage and shorter length).

So, the title of the post is what we're seeking, and was wondering if there was anything in the 36, 37, maybe 38 foot range with a bath and a half, and also "late model" which to us is roughly 2012 or later? (For that matter is there anything in the 35-37 foot range regardless of bath, because there weren't really many at the show)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2017, 09:56 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
Went to the Tampa RV show last weekend. We're not really in the market and we're pretty happy with Scarlet. We're just looking down the road for our next coach purchase and one thing we wanted when we got our present coach was a bath and a half. We presently have a 36.5 foot and it is a great length for us. However, it seems as if everything out there now in Class A are a few 33 and 34 footers, then it jumps to 40 ft. ++. Although it was nice to browse the "fancy" coaches, I'm trying to stay away from anything too big and also trying to avoid tandem rear axle (I realize there our handling benefits to those, but we prefer the trade off of more storage and shorter length).

So, the title of the post is what we're seeking, and was wondering if there was anything in the 36, 37, maybe 38 foot range with a bath and a half, and also "late model" which to us is roughly 2012 or later? (For that matter is there anything in the 35-37 foot range regardless of bath, because there weren't really many at the show)
Our friends just bought a 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 36H with a bath and a half.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:25 PM   #3

What immediately comes to my mind is the Thor Palazzo 36.1 and 36.3, both, I believe, 37.5-foot diesel pushers (just looked it up, they're 37' 7"). For the Website page, GO HERE

Don't quote me but I think the first model year of the 36.1 was 2013 and it is still currently being made as a 2017 model.

I think there's a Forest River Legacy that has a bath and a half but it's close to 40' if my memory is correct.

Thor Palazzo 36.1 -courtesy of Thor Industries

Thor Palazzo 36.3 - courtesy of Thor Industries
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:45 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
What immediately comes to my mind is the Thor Palazzo 36.1 and 36.3, both, I believe, 37.5-foot diesel pushers (just looked it up, they're 37' 7"). For the Website page, GO HERE

Don't quote me but I think the first model year of the 36.1 was 2013 and it is still currently being made as a 2017 model.

I think there's a Forest River Legacy that has a bath and a half but it's close to 40' if my memory is correct.

Thor Palazzo 36.1 -courtesy of Thor Industries

Thor Palazzo 36.3 - courtesy of Thor Industries
Although I didn't see that size Palazzo at the show, I was aware of it. I really like the floor plan, but every time I step in one, I just get a sense of cheapness. As a side note, I saw the new Thor Aria 34(something or other) and I liked that better than the Tuscany. It was 35 ft. and had a great layout and the biggest dining room table I've ever seen in ANY coach.

I should have also mentioned for the other poster, that I meant this size in a diesel pusher. In fact I wish more manufacturers would translate some of their gas floor plans into their diesel models, even though I know that's not always practical.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:24 PM   #5
dp7

Quote:

The Newmar Ventana 3709 is 38' and has a bath and a half. Not sure when this model was first introduced but I think it has been available for a few years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-Newmar-Ventana_3709.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	150216  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:02 AM   #6

Our 2015 Itasca 37F is a bath and a half.
Peteyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:15 AM   #7

it is VERY difficult to find any motorhome in the shorter ranges to have 1 1/2baths, or for the factories to find a way to even design a functional layout in 36' or shorter units, unless you were to do away with any seating in the living area : /
also, the factories are looking to manufacture what will sell, and probably don't see this more compact layout appealing to many.

Personally, we had the same concern when we went full time with our two teens - I felt like a rear bath for us, and a mid half bath would be best for usage and/or privacy. The DW actually thought it was less of a concern, which amazed me. For us, the single bath has worked out just fine. It has a door to close for privacy. We've learned to take turns. We'd rather have a slightly shorter 35' coach for easy maneuvering. Our queen bed is also a walk-around layout, which we like MUCH more than the typical sideways bed layout we had in the two previous coaches.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:23 AM   #8

There's only so much you can fit into 36'! You have to give up something in another area and folks seem to want it all; therefore, going to a longer unit. If you would consider a 38' then 40' really doesn't matter. Personally, we'd rather have the living space rather than the large bath in the rear that you're rarely in.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:55 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Aria, Tuscany and Tuscany XTE are in totally different market segments from the smaller floor plan models. This is going to make shopping difficult.
So, I submit that "Too big lasts a few hours or few days, Too small is forever"

But, if determined to stay in the shorter RV market, the Hurricane and Miramar lines of gas RV's offer bath and a half models in under 37 feet.
https://thormotorcoach.com/hurricane/floorplans/
And
https://thormotorcoach.com/miramar/floorplans/

The differences between gas and Diesel RV's are not so clear as they used to be since Ford put the 6speed from the SuperDuty trucks into the RV chassis. These are not like your grandpa's gas motorhome

And a comment about the Palazzo line...it is by far the most affordable Diesel Pusher made in North America, so "feel" is directly a function of price point. The early slide issues were addressed and they are selling like crazy for the "bang for your buck" consideration.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:58 AM   #10

Winnebago Vista 35F is under 36'. The 35B is only a foot longer. Both are bath and a half.

Tim

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 04:49 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
Winnebago Vista 35F is under 36'. The 35B is only a foot longer. Both are bath and a half.

Tim
Yeah, still looking to stay in diesel. However, since you brought up Winnebago, I just had to comment on one feature that my wife fell in love with. On the Grand tour model, it had what can only be called a sunroof. Nice skylight right above the driver and passenger with a sliding shade to keep out heat when needed. As sun lovers (especially my DW), this was the best "new" feature I saw from the RV show.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:54 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:04 PM   #13

-Newmar Ventana LE
-Thor Palazzo
-Forest River Legacy
-Nexus Bentley(direct)
-Fleetwood Pace Arrow(formerly Excursion)
-Tiffin Allegro Breeze
-Forest River Coachmen Sportscoach SRS
-Winnebago Solei
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:20 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

Newmar Dutch Star 3736

http://www.newmarcorp.com/motor-coac...rplan-options/
glynnspencer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, test