Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2015, 07:49 AM   #29

I get a kick out of adds as almost all state pet free, but when you go camping there seems to be a pet in almost every rig. Where do all the folks who don't have pets camp?
johnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2015, 11:49 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy2 View Post
I get a kick out of adds as almost all state pet free, but when you go camping there seems to be a pet in almost every rig. Where do all the folks who don't have pets camp?

Now that is an honest statement my Friend!!!!!
An even better question!!!!!
👍👍👍
BlueOx Aladdin Toads: '19 Tahoe, '22 JLU, '17 JKU, IRV3 Brake System
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 01:38 PM   #31

Country Coach Owners Club
Did you buy your motorhome to enjoy or to sell?
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:23 PM   #32

If you have a motorhome then the pet question is a personal one based on how much your pet means to you. If it doesn't mean much don't take it because they are work and it's possible sometime later there might be a value question (by someone I can't describe in a politically correct manner). If you have a Rottweiler it's a moot point. I have had different dogs, some family pets and some working dogs, and although a farm kid with no difficult emotional attachments to animals I would always choose to have them with me and could not care less about the $ value regarding the coach.
BigBadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:53 AM   #33

Wow - thanks for the thoughts and input. We are trying to come down on the "life is too short" philosophical side (and the logistics of keeping them home is somewhat painful...) ... So looks like we are going to go ahead and try taking the cats with us. Did a trial-run one hour drive yesterday ... And the cat we most expected to be wigged out was soon looking out the window watching the world go by, and even dared the large flat area at the windshield (all the sun there helped :-). (The other hung out in her carrier). Good thing we have a central vacuum for the rolling fur balls that will no doubt develop😀. Thanks again for the input!
Old 05-10-2015, 01:55 PM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
We've been doing a lot of looking in the last year and have walked in many a coach. If we detect the smell of pets or tobacco, we turn around and walk away. In the case of pets, unless they have fouled the carpeting or furniture, the smells can be cleaned easily. In the case of smoking, it never leaves without a lot of work.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:45 PM   #35

potential buyer

Interesting topic, love my pets, cat or dog, but decided they were not part of our life when we use the RV. When we were shopping for our last rig we found the perfect rig online. Agreed to meet at a central location so we could inspect the rig and each drove a considerable distance to meet. Loved the rig until we sat on the furniture. The dog, that was with the sellers, had very short, stiff, curly hair and everything felt like we were sitting on steel wool! They were willing to sell for a very good price but the hair in the furniture doomed the sale. When it's your rig, use it as you wish, but when you try to sell it will be my rig and it must be up to my standards, not yours. Love my pets but at this point in my life they stay home or with someone. Good luck!
ddahlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:53 PM   #36
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I think some of he feelings about not wanting a MH that has had pets in it is because some people have allergies to cats and dogs. You can clean till the cows come home but there will always be pet dander that can trigger an allergic reaction. Odors are a real deal killer.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:13 AM   #37

I think the topic is BS since you can never know for sure. Any first class dealership should be able to clean a unit so you do not know for sure. Go to Lazy Days and look at their reconditioned used RV's and you will never find one you can tell whether it had pets or a smoker. All will say no pets and no smoking if there is no sign of either, how do you know? What is the difference of buying a home that once had pets or a smoker inside or an RV? if you cannot tell what difference does it make? Over 50% of families have a least one pet. The toxic chemicals in any RV, particularly new is probably far worse on your health that a pet. Ever been in a new RV that has sat in the hot sun for days since being opened? You could pass out from the fumes, they are very toxic from the various glues, carpet, foam, vinyl, fake wood etc etc.
Sky Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale