Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #1
GKW

What is this bracket?

This fixed metal extension extends down from the body sheet metal just in front of the drivers side front tire on my 2012 Itasca Ellipse. It has a v shaped form welded on the end. I have no idea what it's purpose is. Anyone have any idea what it is for?
Picture shown with front panel open.
GKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2014, 11:08 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Is it a bracket to hold the generator's exhaust pipe in place when in travel mode? \ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:08 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
no picture

silly question time: 2012 is recent. do you have an owner's manual? have you tried the Itasca owners group?
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:09 PM   #4

I guess you tried to post a picture. I didn't go through. Try again
cowrv39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:17 PM   #5
GKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumps View Post
Is it a bracket to hold the generator's exhaust pipe in place when in travel mode? \ken

No, the generator exhaust has its own fixed brackets located just forward of this one. Sorry about no picture. I have a picture and copied it I used to know how to post a picture before the format changed here. Still trying to figure it out.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:19 PM   #6
GKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
no picture

silly question time: 2012 is recent. do you have an owner's manual? have you tried the Itasca owners group?

I have searched the manuals and can find no mention of it. Good idea to try the Itasca owners, thanks.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #7
GKW

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1402637995.272373.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	545.5 KB
ID:	65261

This shows the bracket. The generator exhaust is fixed solidly in place, so it doesn't appear to be part of that. It almost looks like a bracket was welded into the wrong place and was not used. The diesel heater has its own exhaust system farther to the rear.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:11 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Kind of reminds me of a backwards curb feeler.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:28 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKW View Post
Attachment 65261

This shows the bracket. The generator exhaust is fixed solidly in place, so it doesn't appear to be part of that. It almost looks like a bracket was welded into the wrong place and was not used. The diesel heater has its own exhaust system farther to the rear.
I'm sorry but I don't see anything but the generator exhaust support bracket in this photo. If you retract the generator, the exhaust pipe will move rearward and should fit into the ">" of the bracket shown.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #10
GKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizard View Post
I'm sorry but I don't see anything but the generator exhaust support bracket in this photo. If you retract the generator, the exhaust pipe will move rearward and should fit into the ">" of the bracket shown.

Duh! You are absolutely correct. I took that picture when the RV was in for service and since I had never seen it with the generator pulled out it looked strange. It didn't help when I asked the mechanic working on the RV what it was and he said he didn't know. I bet when I go to pick it up today it will look perfectly normal. LOL!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
It's a loading ramp for lost rats and mice. But I have never seen a bracket like that before on any MH. But then I haven't been around many Itasca MH's. Sure looks like it would rattle if the gas pipe were on it.

LEN