Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2019, 03:18 PM   #155

Newmar Owners Club
$95.50 per month, 35' Class A. Completely enclosed but not heated. With maybe a dozen other RV's. Winter only. Very secure but non-accessible. If you absolutely have to have access it will run you $50.00 each time. Palmer, Alaska.
PalmerAlaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2019, 04:08 PM   #156

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
Storage costs.

We have a large private fenced in lot with 50 amp power pole. We pay each year $600 for this lot. I've been storing my 41 ft. 5th wheel, my F 350 and a utility trailer with lots of room to spare. Just traded in the 5th wheel for a 38 ft. motor home and ordered a diamond plate solid floor 16 ft auto trailer...should handle these no problem.
Marshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #157

rv storage

Southern Calif. 386 per mo 42 ft indoors with power
RT41
RT 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #158

$70 month, open storage paved lot, Ft. Detrick, MD, 1 mile from my home
bhall74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #159

Free / its complicated, I store my coach in what was a disused shed with roll up door on the family cattle ranch about 15 miles from my house in western Louisiana. Rent is free, but I had to clear junk out of the shed, and re-arrange some stuff that was stored there, assembling a set of warehouse rack shelves to get stuff up off the floor and make room for the coach. My only cost is maintaining the shed, re-wiring the questionable 40+ year old electrical wiring, adding working light fixtures, etc.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:58 PM   #160

I'm in NE Georgia. I wanted secure gated COVERED storage with at least 15 amp electric. Found one spot left 12 x 60 covered, enclosed on both sides, open on both ends with electric for $90 a month. It is a gravel lot, not paved. Prepay for 12 months and get 15 months, so it ended up being $72 per month. Water available, cameras, key pad on locked gate that closes automatically. I used another storage facility temporarily before this spot became available that was paved, gated, no cover, no electric for $40 a month for a 40' spot. I considered building an RV shelter on our property, but it was not cost effective. Glad to find covered storage - it's a new facility about 12 miles from our house. Even have enough room for the toad
HarleyRider7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:07 PM   #161

Forest River Owners Club
$60 per month for enclosed shed, paved floor and available electric. Gated secure lot that also has outdoor and covered spaces. Definitely a bargain around here. Only downside is shed gets filled with boats in early November for winter season, so can't really use rig till early April when everyone moves out. But that's okay - with kids in school and winter weather we aren't wanting to travel much anyway. But have complete access from April - October as I please.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:36 PM   #162

Tucson area

I pay $93.16 monthly for a 20 ft space, all sites are covered and the entire lot is paved. I have optional trickle down electric for $10 included in the fee above as is taxes. The area is totally fenced w/rolling gate and remote control access on my phone plus a manual push button if needed. There are dumpsters for waste provided and 2 dump stations w/water to rinse and another area w/potable filtered water. Camera's galore & the manager lives onsite. Access is 7AM to 7PM, but special arrangements can be made in advance if coming in late, otherwise nobody gets in or out at night. The office sells RVing necessities at a good price point, they have a restroom available and alway have bottled water to offer and protein bars both free (nice considerate touch at the end of a long day). The one thing I wish this storage area had is a place to wash my trailer even if it was self pay like a car wash. Good Luck!
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:12 PM   #163

Fleetwood Owners Club
South Louisiana we are paying 275 month fully covered with a 115 ac outlet.
Obrenn73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:55 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi 2769 View Post
We ONLY paid $74,000 for our 40' x 60' x 16' shop that is insulated, heated, concrete floor, with large bathroom, and did I mention the attached lean-to. Also has two 50 amp panels, sewer dump, water, etc. I guess I we should call it Ron and Debbie's RV park near Sandpoint, Idaho. Our friends like to stay way too long when they visit us.
I don't mean to pick on you, I am just using your numbers as an example. You did actually get a good price on your warehouse, but let's say you only earn 8% on your money, that works out to about $500 per month in lost income. Now add in the additional property tax (where I live that would add about $150 per month to the tax bill), a bigger electric bill, upkeep, insurance, etc. As you can see, that is actually not a cheap way to store a vehicle. Also, in most high end neighborhoods, RVs are not allowed at all. One of my neighbors brought his beautiful Prevost in twice just to get it ready for a trip for a few hours and he sure got an earful. Had he left it overnight, he would have gotten a $500 fine. Having the RV nearby would have some advantages, but not everyone can even do that.
New to this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:08 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlobx View Post
Not meaning to hijack this thread but I am in somewhat the same situation. I have a nice split face block building with 12’x14’ doors here in VA that can accommodate 40 ft. rigs.

My question is what is the best way to advertise the spaces. Our local newspaper didn’t pan out...
Thanks
I agree with using Facebook. What you didn't make clear, to me at least, was is this only for one RV or many? If it is for one, you really have to keep the ad budget at about zero. Otherwise, you may want to advertise in things like iRV2 or Motorhome magazine's classified section.
New to this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:35 AM   #166

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomster View Post
Storage prices Are insane.......way more than they should be.
In upstate NY (Washington county) storage lots charge $250 PER YEAR !!!
I read these replies and I am amazed at the “highway robbery “ being reported
in monthly charges....P.T. Barnum was right.
The owner here pays taxes, insurance, utilities, hires a lot attendant and takes all the risk. Around here the cost of commercial property is insane.
bmcgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:00 AM   #167

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Local U-Haul charges $50 per month
for secure outdoor, gravel lot, nothing
else. Northwest Pennsylvania
RVNuthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:05 AM   #168

I remember years ago when talking to the owner of a RV storage lot that he said he had to spend a ton of money on water distribution fire hydrant system that the county required if he was to continue storing RV's on his property. That of course raised the price of storage and is something else to consider before starting the business.
millsrv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage