Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
What items do we need???

We are picking up our first coach in two weeks - it's used but new to us. I know we will need to purchase hoses - but I'm not sure what else we might need ... once I drive it off the lot... I'm sort of on my own with figuring this out.

Do I need a WHITE water hose? Should I get the rhino-flex sewage hose kit ? do I need tools? What kind?
Someone suggested a water pressure gauge and an extra water hose...
I'm open to suggestions...
thanks in advance
Webetravelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #2

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome and congratulations on your new rig! .
Your question is truly a personal choice but the basics are multiple items and there is a thread here that has all the answers, The title escapes me right now so please do a search for tools, essentials etc..
If I was getting a new rig I would get these items: most from Walmart or bargain store to save $$
2 25 ft water hoses and a 10 ft as well
A camco water filter it connects to hose between water source and coach(flush before use)
A water pressure regulator to reduce chances of blowing your interior waterlines from CG water pressure
25 ft Sewer hose with a 10 ft extension orange with quick connectors
5 pair of the thick dishwashing gloves and hand sanitizer to keep in dump compartment
RV Toilet paper and black tank deodorizer( I prefer oxyclean/ oxy something)
Lemon gray water tank deodorant
Basic tool set of wrenches, screw drivers, test light and multimeter,tire gauge, extra fuses
Comfy recliner chairs
aluminum 2x2 folding tables
Outdoor carpet/mat

Honestly there are so many items it would truly be easiest to go to your nearest campground and ask the campers to see what they carry, bring a tape recorder or camera or lots of paper!

Hope my short list helps and I'm positive many others will add to this

Ron & Wendy 94 Pace Arrow 454
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Howdy
Which coach did you pick up? Some of the items you may need depend on the coach you have. Is it gas or diesel? How long is it; which generator is in it. It's new to you, so brag it up and tell us about it.
Some basics you will need are a fresh water (white) hose, a pressure regulator for the city water hook up (where you attach the white hose). I use the Rhino flex sewer hose, and think it is great. I have used others, in my 30+ years of owning coaches, but like the swivel ends and ridgid placement of the hose.
Probably going to need some RV friendly TP and some holding tank chemicals. A few extra light bulbs, and a fuse or two wouldn't hurt either.
Anyway, let's hear about your new coach and we'll go from there if you still need advice.
Best O'Luck
Bigbluedog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
THIS THREAD & THIS THREAD both discuss what you're wanting to know. There are plenty more you can do a Search on, but his will get ya started.

Congratulations on your new-to-you coach! Enjoy.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #5

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you Lori! I knew I read that thread but couldn't remember the names

Ron & Wendy 94 Pace Arrow 454
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #6

Congratulations! You may be wise to look for a power surge protector if the coach doesn't have one. It might save your electrical system in the case of faulty electrical hook-up in a campground.
boji_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:59 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I want to thank you all for your feedback! What a wonderful community we have here and some day I hope to be able to add some wisdom (or humor) to the pot!
Our motorhome is a 2002 32ft Winnebago V10 engine with 2 slides. I'm not worry about stocking the kitchen as much as I am needing to know... what I know I don't know! (see there's some humor!) We are going to be "dry" parking the coach at a friends house ... so I know I need to learn how to boondock (?) right away... thanks again everyone ... I have some shopping to do!
Webetravelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:23 AM   #8
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webetravelin View Post
I want to thank you all for your feedback! What a wonderful community we have here and some day I hope to be able to add some wisdom (or humor) to the pot!
Our motorhome is a 2002 32ft Winnebago V10 engine with 2 slides. I'm not worry about stocking the kitchen as much as I am needing to know... what I know I don't know! (see there's some humor!) We are going to be "dry" parking the coach at a friends house ... so I know I need to learn how to boondock (?) right away... thanks again everyone ... I have some shopping to do!

You have been advised about hoses, but for 'dry camping' you will probably need a waste cart; Portable RV waste water tanks, blue holding tanks, smarttote thetford black water holding tank on wheels, rv tanks Camping World - Portable RV waste water tanks, blue holding tanks, smarttote thetford black water holding tank on wheels, rv tanks - Pr

I'm sure your friend will not want you to use their toilet in the middle of the night - unless you don't care if he remains your friend - also - it gets cool and rains............

You need chocks, pads for the jacks and possibly blocks to level the unit.
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #9

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

First thing is a visit to the new motorhome and find out the contents. It is a previously owned coach and may have some of the suggested items. Once you know the contents then start shopping.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote