Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #29
Monaco Owners Club
Weber Q200 great grill.

Tony, Nancy & Abby the pooch 2011 40'Monaco Knight PDQ Maxxforce 10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
AGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #30
Weber Q200. Takes a little practice to get it hot enough but cooks great.

Terry & Alice
2006 Bounder 38L DP
2012 GMC Terrain
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #31
Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by firedoc
Weber Q200. Takes a little practice to get it hot enough but cooks great.
I have a weber q 200.
Need to preheat solid "searing" plate for atleast 15 minutes - sear each side -1.5 mins then grill each side 1.5 to 2 mins
Cooks a great steak. Would like some more heat out if it. Has a safety device that often plays up and doesn't let gas thru ( I couldn't use the 10ft hose from the coach because of this ( a known problem)
2005 Monaco Signature Castle 1V
2013 Subaru Outback Toad
SteveSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:42 AM   #32
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
We buy the small Char-Broil gas grill (about $29) every three years and then give it to our grand daughter to camp with while we then have a new, clean one. Her family uses the old one for a year or two and then chucks it when it becomes too rusty and grungy to use camping.
We also have an electric tabletop grill we bought when in Texas and there was a ban on grilling outdoors at the National CGs.

I'm with you. Bought a $29 gas grill at Walmart. Works great. Big enough for two steaks.

It has a metal shield between the burners and the grill which provides some smoke for flavoring when the steak starts dripping a bit.

At home I do the skillet to sear the surface of the steaks and then into the oven @ 325 with a remote reading thermometer for correct doneness.

Usually use Sam's Club cryo-packed Beef Tenderloin at $5.99 to $10.99 per pound. Remove the chain (the very fatty section along the length of the tenderloin) cut out small chunks of beef from it and use the small end of the tenderloin for more chunks - makes great stew, stroganoff, etc. Cut the tenderloin into 2" steaks. Flavorful, fork tender, and pretty inexpensive.
Ken 1996 Safari Sahara- 3530, 35', CAT 300
Pictures of my coach:
UltraKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:57 AM   #33
Winnebago Owners Club
I have a Baby Q 120. Its a 100 with the shelves and I have a 5# propane cylinder. I have had it for 5 years on the coach. As was said before, you need to preheat the cast iron grill prior to cooking on it. I take mine apart every spring and use the power wash wand at the car wash to clean it. I cook steaks, fish, brats, vegies, etc. I use a small stainless steel basket for the vegies and had a cedar board for fish. I have a big weber at home and will replace it with a Q200 when it bites the dust.
2005 Suncruiser
Banks Powerpack
Chocolate lab (Buster)
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:22 AM   #34
Weber Q100 with hose and the T into main propane tank. Love that Baby Q. I have a 3 burner Weber at home but many times I'll pull the Q from the bay if I'm only cooking for the 2 of us. I've gone the route of the Walmart el cheapo units and they last a while and quit or rust out. I connect the Q to a 20lb tank if when I use it at home. I purchased the Q online for a decent price. Weber stands behind their product.
lavamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:29 AM   #35
Originally Posted by codgerbill View Post
I have a big weber at home and will replace it with a Q200 when it bites the dust.
My first Weber for home is 22 years old. I have replaced the "Flavorizer bars" and the burner tube set, it works like new... You're not replacing a Weber because it bites the dust anytime soon
'06 Mountain Aire 4309, ISL 400-CM850, Spartan MMGT
'16 Jeep Wrangler
HHIDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #36
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I use this one from Sams club. I use an adapter and use the 1LB propane tanks. $99

Portable Stainless Steel Gas Grill with Cover - Sam's Club
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 120K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, KVH R5 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #37
Nor'easters Club
Being in the minority, with no excess of storage space I did quite a bit of research to locate a nice propane grill that would fit in my limited storage space. It was inexpensive and easy to clean...very important for me!

I wrote up an article about the selection process...I was looking at Charcoal, gas, and other fuels. Lots of folks have a preference....

You can read it at:

WanderMan: Throw Another Shrimp On The Barbie - Compact BBQ Grills That Work!

I've been pretty happy with my choice so far...

Rich "The Wanderman"
1991 Aero Cruiser 23RBa Class A
Almost 100% Self Sufficient!
Wanderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #38
Country Coach Owners Club
We carry two.

Our primary is an 18" charcoal weber with short legs and a carry handle. I have added bottom vents and an ash catcher to increase its heating capability. We have been using the Weber charcoal kettle grills since 1978 (only 2 grills in that time at home).

The back up is the blue Coleman Road trip we have had for 8 years. This grill is propane fired and has exchangeable grates for grilling, frying or pan cooking. It makes a good campstove/grill combo. But, it is not good for BBQ.

Since we do not do much outdoor cooking except for BBQ, the Coleman may go away and a $30 propane weber grill will travel in its place so we can do steaks etc where charcoal is prohibited.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #39
We use a camp chef pro 90 with grill, skillet, griddle, pot, and such add ons. But then again, we cook for a minimum of 6 people every meal.
1976 El Dorado 25 foot TT
1994 Suburban TV
Mtnbiker1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #40

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Love our Weber Q bought 12' hose and use coach propane.
06 Adventurer 38R

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #41
Weber Q grill, the best.
2011 Itasca Suncruiser, Jeep Grand Cherokee toad
MSgt retired USAF 1988, AA retired 2005
toneumanns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #42
Country Coach Owners Club
The small propane Weber with the hose adapter to hook it up to a 20lb bottle. Works great when cooking for 2-4 people. If you're going to feed a bunch then go big

pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote