Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor3000 View Post
Weber 1200 for us. You can't beat this grille for quality and easy of storing/transporting.
X2
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2014, 07:54 AM   #114

Traeger Lil Tex

We found it in Alba, TX at a ranch supply store. It was the floor model and had been on display for many months. We don't mind display models because NO assembly required. We told them we were going to mount it in the storage slide of a MH......they looked at us funny!
Czar Of Poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #115

Monaco Owners Club
I wouldn't give up on the Coleman Roadtrip grill just yet. The new design swaps out the water pan for a gravity feed grease pan....much better. I love the griddle and grate combo for making breakfast...eggs and toast on the griddle, sausage on the grate. My only complaint is that a stiff breeze tends to dramatically reduce heat. You can close the lid while cooking though the manufacturer says not to and yes, you do have to remove its regulator if hooking into a fitting that occurs after the coach's tank regulator.
Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #116

Fleetwood Owners Club
We use a Weber Jumbo Joe charcoal grill. It measures about 21" tall and fits in our storage bays just perfect. There isn't a better way to eat a steak other than having it cooked on charcoal. This is a very durable grill too, it's not going to be burnt out in a couple of years. This is 4th. charcoal (camping) grill that I've had since 1970 and it is by far the best.
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2739.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	472.0 KB
ID:	81561
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #117

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesinRockies View Post
The weber Q has a portable stand that can be purchased which folds up and will fit in a pass-through storage at least my pass-through. I did not get it with mine as I have a roll out table. But have a few friends that have them and love em. Around 50 at lowes.
I have a "Q" for the same reason.. I keep it on it's roll around stand (Optional) and have a quick connect also on my propane tank with about 40 feet of hose so I can run it under the coach to the patio side.. And as a bonus it fits into my bay in fact about 1/3 of the width.. Really great grill.. Replaced the POS Char Broil grill...
You can't go wrong with one of these..
Ron
Ready to leave for Arizona with a new knee and same coach with a great grill.
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #118

Entegra Owners Club
^^ This is exactly what we use.

It is easy to carry around/fold/unfold.

If it is windy outside it's hard to keep it very hot, but otherwise, it works great (for what it is).

I'd give it 8/10.
JoyalRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #119

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhusak View Post
I have a "Q" for the same reason.. I keep it on it's roll around stand (Optional) and have a quick connect also on my propane tank with about 40 feet of hose so I can run it under the coach to the patio side..
Is the quick connect on the HP side of the tank or the regulated (LP) side of the output. I was thinking about the same set up. I would really like to use the tank I have on board rather than carting around another portable one.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:23 PM   #120

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have had our road trip grill for about 10 years. Bought it when we had our first TT, then into the 5ver, and now with our DP. Love it for many things, but bought a Emril electric grill for smaller/quicker things, especially eggs in the morning, when its just the two of us. We are Part Timers, but love cooking inn proteins on the road trip, but you can't beat the electric for stir fry and a quick dinner!
PPAinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #121

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just wishing folks would quit saying BBQ when they mean GRILL

My Grill is a Coleman Road Trip, I do not recommend these, not enough heat for grilling.

Might work for BBQ though (BBQ is long, slow, indirect heat, I use a Crock Pot for BBQing)
Old 12-21-2014, 09:31 PM   #122

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post

My Grill is a Coleman Road Trip, I do not recommend these, not enough heat for grilling.

Might work for BBQ though (BBQ is long, slow, indirect heat, I use a Crock Pot for BBQing)
Technically you are right... what's talked about here has been largely grilling - but all grills are not created equal. That's sort of what I was referring to in my post above. All grills get hot - maybe not infrared hot or hot enough for you (lol) - but was able to grill and smoke and BBQ and rotisserie on infrared on my America Outdoor Gas grill. But it was, as I said, too big to carry with us. Multiple burners - smoke boxes - pans of water and almost anything was possible with that thing.

But to your point - how do you get the smoke into your crock pot. Low and slow is one thing but any definition of Q with out smoke is just sauced meat soup or braised meat. Just my opinion of course. And while I may wrap ribs late in the smoking process, I would never boil them before hand. Again another preference.

Let's face it - BBQ - Grilling and smoking are similar to the Gasser v Diesel discussion. As many ways to go at meat and heat as there are people throwing meat on a fire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1419222165194.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	81604  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:38 PM   #123

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post

It's a regional thing. My friends from Nor Cal call everything a BBQ from a cheap Hibachi to a trailer mounted competition smoker. Personally, I have a gas grill to grill meat and I only add BBQ sauce after it is cooked. Not that I don't enjoy the results like Tri Tip smoked on the BBQ when I am on the west coast. However, it is nothing short of an art form to turn a piece of shoeleather like a brisket into a savory mothwatering delicacy, BBQ sauce optional.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:19 PM   #124

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to CFXCH
Love our Weber Q 20 quick attached to motor home main LPG tank.
CFXCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #125

Entegra Owners Club
We carry a medium Big Green Egg on a small slide out in the basement. I had a custom bracket built to lift it for placement in its rolling nest. Takes less time to set-up than the Coleman grill we had before.
Nothing like smoked ribs done on the BGE!!
Whitewater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 06:15 AM   #126

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewater18 View Post
We carry a medium Big Green Egg on a small slide out in the basement. I had a custom bracket built to lift it for placement in its rolling nest. Takes less time to set-up than the Coleman grill we had before.
Nothing like smoked ribs done on the BGE!!
I love those things, and you are right, they do a mighty fine job on ribs and chicken and whatever. I just do a lot more grilling than smoking, and I used the side warming burner on my Weber to cook bacon and eggs outside the RV.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote