Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2018, 06:14 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
Whee doggies! That GP Logistics ladder shore do look fine. I plan to get me one juss's soons I get up from my rockin' chair down by the seement pond. Then I won't look like one them there hillbillies totin' my orange stepladder on the behind o my motorhouse.
And don't ye be givin anybody the "Californey Howdy"!

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2018, 07:19 AM   #30

My MH came w one if those collapsible step ladders.
Mine had rungs on both sides and recommend that vs one sided.

I didn't like the narrow rungs and wasn't comfortable or secure when up high.
I made up 2 plywood platforms that span the full width of a step and between the 2 sides of the step ladder. A block under each end keeps it in place and adds stability to the ladder.

I put one on each of 2 upper steps eventhough I don't frequently stand on the upper one it is handy for tools cleaners polishes etc.
The platform makes it very comfortable to stand on easy to swing a leg over and use both sides for added stability.
They come off easy and being flat store pretty easy in a compartment.
Will get a pic next time I set it up.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:12 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
I'm surprised with all the folks using ladders to clean windshields that no one has mentioned telescoping handles for windshield washer/squeegees. My wife got me a nice one which I use just about every time we stop for gas. Both feet stay comfortably in contact with the ground. I've also got a long handled wash brush to clean the rest of our mh with.
Which one did she get you? It seems every time I buy one its squeegee is too hard and doesn't clear the water well.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
I'm surprised with all the folks using ladders to clean windshields that no one has mentioned telescoping handles for windshield washer/squeegees. My wife got me a nice one which I use just about every time we stop for gas. Both feet stay comfortably in contact with the ground. I've also got a long handled wash brush to clean the rest of our mh with.
This takes a little home shop work, but my best squeegee was when I made a bracket for the end of a pole so I could put one of the wiper blades on it.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:40 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
Which one did she get you? It seems every time I buy one its squeegee is too hard and doesn't clear the water well.
Take a look in big box stores for a window washing squeegee. Some are just squeegee some have a micro fiber washer on the back side - your choice.

The squeegees are more flexible any many are replaceable when they get old.
If you need something a little more aggressive to remove bugs keep the old unit with the mesh to scrub with them switch to the washer / squeegee.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	window-squeegees.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	200073  
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 04:49 PM   #34

My RV ladder didn’t cost me anything since I already owner my 7 ft step ladder . I didnt feel the need to spend $100.00 so others wouldn’t see my ladder .
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:10 PM   #35

Little Giant
mwallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:17 PM   #36

Werner MT-13. It rides in our toad.
Kxbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:28 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just call me Jethro

I carry my 8ft fiberglass step on my MH ladder. Guess if you dont like it dont look. I also have a 14ft collapsible tube type ladder but it is most of the time buried in one of the storage compartments. No pass through. The amazing thing CampingWorld had a nice black rack for it to hang on. Guess it was made for lawn chairs but they will fit in the side bays and that Hillbilly ladder sure has come in handy and easy access to. Oh and Granny also likes it as it helps her gittn on the roof to sit in her rockin chair.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:16 PM   #38

I have this ladder. Fits nicely in the compartment although I wouldn't hesitate to redneck it and stick it to the ladder. LolClick image for larger version

Name:	20180426_135057.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	200556
Old 04-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #39

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
It's a Libman brand extendable handle washer/squeegee. My wife found it in the auto department at Wal-Mart. It works great for us, and much easier to use than to get a ladder out.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:53 PM   #40

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Extend and Climb
Telescoping Ladders, Step Ladders, Extension Ladders | Xtend+Climb Telescoping Ladders | Telescoping Ladders
Old 04-29-2018, 04:13 PM   #41

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke2000 View Post
Since step ladders have to be stored in a storage compartment, !
Says Who?

I carry a convertable ladder Sears USED TO sell long ago, it is about 14' Extended or 7' as a Step ladder.

I used one hand (no tools) to RIP the Factory installed ladder off the RV, filled in the screw holes caulked the ones topside, and had my Metal Smith/Body man make me a pair of "J" hooks.

Why? My 300 pounds was way more than that ladder could hold

THe J hooks (I would make them square bottomed if I did it again) are made from Pick UP Truck Bumper stock (The Diamond stock) and have two quarter inch holes in teh "upright" part of the J, quarter inch lag bolt into the wood behind the fiberglass rear cap.

I hooked a rope on to them with just one screw, formed a strruip near ground and bounded my 300 pounds.

The hooks hold the ladder at the top. and a bunge cord and bicycle cable lock hold it to a shower grab bar at teh bottom.

The ladder also holds my laundry cart (A common lawn and garden cart) which I use to haul laundry to the park laundry.. OR I can use it for Firewood as well. Works great.

and muy 300 pounds. Nothing for that ladder.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:29 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well,
I'll get flamed beyond belief on this but, the wife and I both think that storing or carrying a step ladder ON the rear ladder of the coach, ANY COACH, looks about like the Beverly Hillbillies. We've seen some pretty nice and expensive coaches carrying those hideous things on there. With all that being said, we have one of those folding 6' step ladders that sits in tube, inside a compartment. I'm 6' 2.5" and, that ladder is enough for me to do whatever I need, i.e. windshield cleaning etc. while out on the road.

If I need to get up higher, I'll just wait 'till we return home for whatever that need is.
Scott
I guess I'm in the "Beverly Hillbillies" group. My 16' ladder folds up into 4 sections and suspends from a rack attached to the RV ladder. This secondary ladder makes it much easier for this 74-year-old to gain access to the roof which happens 3 or 4 times a year for routine maintenance. By the way, it's very easy for me to get to the roof using the attached ladder but coming down, it's that first step has become more and more difficult for me to overcome so the "Beverly Hillbilly" ladder positioned parallel to the attached ladder, makes all the difference in the world.
Maybe someone should start making ladder cozzies, it would improve the unsightliness.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote