Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2016, 09:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBS-POPS View Post
Dealers take in trades at half of nada low book with the intent to make up the difference they had to come down on the price of the coach they sold. I just went through this scenario as I found a new Tiffin 44OH the wife and I really loved. Street value and nada value on my 04 HR was about $75k. They offered $35k trade in but would come down $40k on the price of the Tiffin. It was a wash to us but our trade would go on the lot for $75-80k making up the difference. So they really are not going to budge much on the sale of the used unit.

As far as a private sale, research RV trader and Craig's list for the value of similar units. Most are at a fair price. Some dealers do have used units at seriously over priced amounts. Damn near new, I can't figure that out.

I guess the answer to your question is you might be able to deal some on the price of a used coach but not much and definitely not a preconceived %.

BTW, I did not purchase the Tiffen, yet.
Just to clarify, most new Tiffins can be purchased for list minus 22-27%. Are you saying that they are taking $40,000 off the MSRP or $40,000 off the already discounted cash price and then allowing you $35,000 for your HR? It almost sounds like they are going take you for a ride.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2016, 09:18 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
We are all giving you "our" way of buying a MH. Mine involves using the 20% below NADA as a starting point as I explained. Of course some say that I am 100% wrong. Thats why I said that the bottom line is what you are willing to pay and the dealer is willing to sell for. The poster above is correct in that the dealer is going to buy as low as half NADA low, or less, or they will not take it at all. Knowing that they will buy for near half of the value, if you can get it for 20% below NADA they will make money and you will get a decent price. That is my strategy that the above have said is useless. It works for me I got my current coach from a dealer for 85K when NADA low was 119K. They did not lose money! They made money and I am still happy with the price. I got 4 year old tires and have put maybe 5K into it to get it right. Use the method that makes you happy whatever it is. Good luck.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
Just to clarify, most new Tiffins can be purchased for list minus 22-27%. Are you saying that they are taking $40,000 off the MSRP or $40,000 off the already discounted cash price and then allowing you $35,000 for your HR? It almost sounds like they are going take you for a ride.
$40k off the discounted price. There's wiggle room even at the cut prices.

Tags
diesel