Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2019, 03:46 PM   #57

Improve quality

I don't need fancy, but I sure would some quality.
exeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2019, 03:59 PM   #58

emergency exit

My coach does not have easy access to get out in the case you need to use the emergency exit Iove the stair case exits and full door exit onthe new Newmars
dsavage74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:01 PM   #59

Country Coach Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
The fact that for 11-12 years we were all in on retiring from my Coast Guard civilian job (after retiring from CG active duty in 2008) and going full timing and then, no other way to explain it, we got cold feet and bought 7.5 acres in the country, started remodeling the house on it, added a steel building that I am currently working on to make a woodworking shop etc. etc. etc.

For the past several weeks our very beloved 7/8 Bulldog and 1/8 Boxer has been diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer. All I will say is that this has been several weeks of heartache and has us reevaluating what we want to do with the rest of our time on Planet Earth. Maybe an earlier planned chapter in what was going to be our future life is going to be revisited?!?
Old 06-23-2019, 04:02 PM   #60

white streaks

As the RV fiberglass roof ages, white streaks from sun damaged jell coat run down the side of the coach. Either I have to constantly wash the coach, spread Mop N Glow on the roof twice a year, or have the roof repainted. I will be pursuing the third option this next year.

Retired Electronic Engineer; 1998 Monaco Executive 40' and 2017 Malibu
rahick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:04 PM   #61

Things I would like changed more on ours.

1. Queen bed in sofa rotated 90deg. so jack knife sofa could be open at same time.
2. 1/2 bath is too narrow.
3. No emergency exit door just windows.
4. Mattress too thin (but fixed with topper)

Tom
Old 06-23-2019, 04:06 PM   #62

Wider entry door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
What one thing do you not like (or would change) about your Class A? The main assumption here is that there is no 'perfect' coach.
I will start it off.
I don't like the narrow step at the bottom of the stairs, especially when exiting the coach. You really need to turn yourself so that your foot is parallel to the last step going out as only part of your foot is on the step if you are perpendicular to it (could cause loss of balance and a fall). The last step going out is 7 1/2" wide vs the top two which are 9 1/2" wide. At first blush, you wouldn't think 2" would make a big difference but it does. Both of us just make the turn going out when we get to the bottom step. Our Cairn Terrier jumps up the steps just fine, but will not jump down. So I carry him. Bottom line; this deficiency did not prevent us from buying the coach.
2" wider would be perfect, that's it!
hotrodbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:07 PM   #63

Country Coach Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Sorry...guess I didn’t tie that very well into the thread...we had planned to go full timing in a 40’+ Class A.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:13 PM   #64

The quality of things in the unit. I apreciate keeping the price down concept but really better sinks faucets and sway bars steering stabalizers would not run up the cost much if they were all of better quality. Replacing them cost you more money in the long run. Would 5 too 10k on top of what you may have borrowed been a deal breaker for much better quality?
Jim474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #65

Winnebago Owners Club
New to class A

Its hard to say what do not like just yet. However, its beginning to feel like this is quite a bit more maintenance than my travel trailer. Lots to check and observe.

I have already hit trees on suburban streets. So I am still learning to drive it, but I do not think that will be a dislike.

In the months to come, we shall see?
Chemicalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:35 PM   #66

Steering and suspension

I wish the manufacturers would put some effort into making a class A GAS drive better like the diesel coaches that have comfort steer (Newmar). The body swaying and the stress of driving for longer periods is challenging and tiring.
Dashound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:11 PM   #67

Fix for the stair problem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
What one thing do you not like (or would change) about your Class A? The main assumption here is that there is no 'perfect' coach.
I will start it off.
I don't like the narrow step at the bottom of the stairs, especially when exiting the coach. You really need to turn yourself so that your foot is parallel to the last step going out as only part of your foot is on the step if you are perpendicular to it (could cause loss of balance and a fall). The last step going out is 7 1/2" wide vs the top two which are 9 1/2" wide. At first blush, you wouldn't think 2" would make a big difference but it does. Both of us just make the turn going out when we get to the bottom step. Our Cairn Terrier jumps up the steps just fine, but will not jump down. So I carry him. Bottom line; this deficiency did not prevent us from buying the coach.
This really saved the day! Super sturdy, folds up nicely, and safe for humans and crazy dogs as well! https://www.campingworld.com/folding...RoC3RMQAvD_BwE
Didy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:20 PM   #68

I would change that damn useless waste tank level indicating system!

And I would put the DEF fill on the driver side.

And I would make the convex mirrors electrically adjustable.

And fix the fresh water overflow syphon issue.

And a metal kitchen sink instead of the plastic one.
LandKPart2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:38 PM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Conditioned Gypsy View Post
For me, the cabinet over the bathroom sink is not far enough back. When I lean in to spit out toothpaste, I crack my noggin often.

For DW, the king bed takes up so much space in the bedroom that she has a very hard time getting to the head of the bed when making it.

Other than that we really like the layout and use-ability of our coach.

Regards

Chuck

PS - but stuff falls apart each and every time we go somewhere.....

Those are probably the only two things that could be better in our '05 Monaco coach.
MI FLA Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:44 PM   #70

I use PetLoader steps. Good for the dogs and for me!
Shelli9993 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a