Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #43

Send a message via Yahoo to GreatWhite Send a message via Skype™ to GreatWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Did you read the fine print? It says to send it to me.
Ha.. I don teeenk so

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2011, 03:50 AM   #44

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter
Big time ditto!

After a close encounter with some evergreen shrubs, I thought we'd have to get one side of our RV repainted to get out the scrape marks left by the shrubs.

Just one coat of Tech 2.0 all but made the scrapes vanish.

I think this stuff could remove dents.

I used Tech 2.0 on one side of the coach last year & it's shining as much as the other side I just did.
I think 2.0 comes in paste or liquid. Which one did you use for scratches?
Don

Old 08-07-2011, 05:54 AM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've always been a fan of Blue Coral wash n wax. For polishing I use NuFinish. I have also tried a new product out by Mothers. It's a sythetic wax that goes on easy and comes off just as easy. As far as roof cleaning you have to use the soap recommended for the material. On our previous caoch which had an EDPM rubber roof I always used Ajax or Comet. On this motorhome with the Brite Tek TPO material I use Murphy's Oil soap. For the harder stained areas which generally are around the roof vents I spray some Awesome on a rag and then wipe down those areas. With another wet rag I wipe that off and use the Murphy's to finish up. Seems to do the trick for us.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
I am in Canada and I have just used the same as Red Max Pro#3 that you poeple use in the US. It is made by Zep and is available at Home Depot and is called "Wet Look Floor polish #3" in the blue gallon container.This does an incredible job on fiberglass sides or roof. My MH is a winny sightseer 2003 and had no shine whatsoever>I used this after a very good cleaning and the results were outstanding just as the RMP#3 forum stated. I used it on the fiberglass roof and never noticed the difference in it made to the surface as far as slippery but the shine is very noticable and no more black streaks.IMHO I love this stuff and it took me less than 3 days to clean my MH and 1 day to apply the wax.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #47

How did you apply it. I bought some today. It was $25+. The High Traffic stuff is ~$15
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeyaarv View Post
I think 2.0 comes in paste or liquid. Which one did you use for scratches?
Don
Liquid.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:37 AM   #49

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
How did you apply it. I bought some today. It was $25+. The High Traffic stuff is ~$15
Read all about Red Max Pro 3# (and the Zepp's for Canandians) on this thread

and more on this thread.

Briefly; prep by thoroughly cleaning, first by rubbing lightly with Barkeeper Friend, a mild powdered abrasive to remove stains, chalkiness and oxidation (put on a damp sponge or white scrubbie and wipe), followed by a wash with TSP (tri sodium phospate, available in the paint section), then rinse very well. This removes all old wax as well.

Followed by 3 to 5 very thin coats of Red Max Pro #3, wiped on (much like wiping dust off) Use a damp microfiber towel, preferably a white one since some colored towels will bleed into the RMP.

Once a year, you will refresh the shine by a normal wash (we use dish detergent and water) and wiping on a single coat of Red Max.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:54 AM   #50

I saved that post in a Word Doc. I used everything except the TSP, but it was on a painted surface and was very clean. I put on many coats with a micro fiber cloth and anything else smooth I could find; Swifter pad, and lint free towel. I did shine, but it didn't look like some of the pics that have been posted. I just put it on the rear door of my enclosed trailer. Taking it off now, but it don't wanna come off. Using Simple Green, Ammonia, vinegar, etc.

I think I could screw up an iron ball with a feather... I swear, I don't think I can do anything right lately.

Trailer is pretty shiny now. Think I'll just use Wash Wax All on it. Lowe's was out of the #3 so I bought the Wet Look stuff. Probably shoulda got the High Traffic stuff for $10 less.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #51

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
The Red Max Pro #3 Finish has a RM Stripper to take it off, about the same $15/gal. Works great (we bought it to remove drips)

I don't know about the Zepp's stuff, but I would assume the same.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #52

Somewhere I read where ZEP makes RMP. Straight ammonia and straight Simple Green ain't cuttin' it, even after letting it sit for 10+ minutes. I want it off, but not hurt the paint. Gasoline Diesel fuel, De-natured alcohol? I'll find something around here. Not gonna try Acetone, MEK or Zylene. That stuff would cut the paint.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #53

Bar Keepers Friend makes it look acceptable. That and some Wash Wax All. Gonna try my orbital polisher with BKF and see If that works out.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #54

Senior Chief, you got the bottle of stripper handy? If so, what does it say about using it on paint? Polisher didn't work over-all or I didn't use it enough.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #55

Do not use dish soap as the detergent will remove the wax. Instead use carwash soap
Old 09-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #56

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharring View Post
Do not use dish soap as the detergent will remove the wax. Instead use carwash soap
Red Max Pro #3 is not a wax, its an acrylic. Not too many "real" waxes in use on MH these days.

« No juice | Air bags »