Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps90 View Post
Also a fan of the solution, although I wax every spring with Turtle Wax Ice and then use the solution at least once a month, seems to be working good so far.

Trap
I use the Dry Wash N Guard once a year whether it needs it or not. Yep, once a year is all it takes. I've tried some of the others and they just don't do the job, even the new ones on the market, like ICE.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Heartland RV Club
Jayco Owners Club
for painted finishes (full paint vehicles) Smitty77 has it dialed!

waxes have shorter longevity than synthetic sealants and in really hot climates, waxes can soften and lose their effectiveness very quickly. Waxes may give a richer look, but if you want longer lasting (a good objective given how much work it is to detail a motorhome) then look to the better quality synthetic (polymer) sealants and coatings for your best finish.

to get well set up in the beginning, start with claying, then polishing, then finish with something like Zaino CS or Z2. These Zaino finishes are very long lasting, especially if you keep them up with Zaino quick detailing products. If you do the prep well and then maintain it well, you won't need to do the prep phase nearly as often.

Considering the large surface area of a motorhome, WOWO (wax on wipe off) is ok. WOWA (wipe on walk away) is fantastic!

I have no affiliation with Zaino, but I know that their products are very highly regarded for quality and longevity by professional automotive detailers.

http://www.zainostore.com
Old 07-21-2011, 07:18 AM   #31

Freightliner Owners Club
I've been a big fan of NuFinish but I thought I'd try Meguiar's Next Generation Tech Wax 2.0 a try after reading about it on several blogs and forums. Paid about $18 for a bottle but did the entire 40' DP with 1/2 of a bottle and OMG it worked beautifully. People are asking me if I purchased a new coach. Real nice stuff.....
Mnichols4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #32

Both Wash Wax All and 303 say UV protection. I know 303 works. The threads on the seams of my boat cover needed re-sewing every couple of years. I sprayed the threads with 303 and the only place that rotted were where I missed the threads.

How does WWA compare to 303 for UV protection? The Solution and NoWet didn't appear to provide UV protection or I missed it.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:14 AM   #33

What is solution?? Is that a brand name??
rsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:47 AM   #34

Solution is a brand name and is usually sold by individuals at RV parks etc.

Al Sawyer
'05 MADP
allynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #35

Meguiar's Tech Wax 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnichols4 View Post
I've been a big fan of NuFinish but I thought I'd try Meguiar's Next Generation Tech Wax 2.0 a try after reading about it on several blogs and forums. Paid about $18 for a bottle but did the entire 40' DP with 1/2 of a bottle and OMG it worked beautifully. People are asking me if I purchased a new coach. Real nice stuff.....
Big time ditto!

After a close encounter with some evergreen shrubs, I thought we'd have to get one side of our RV repainted to get out the scrape marks left by the shrubs.

Just one coat of Tech 2.0 all but made the scrapes vanish.

I think this stuff could remove dents.

I used Tech 2.0 on one side of the coach last year & it's shining as much as the other side I just did.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #36

I just bought a spray bottle of Black Magic Pro Shine Protectant. It says it is a UV Protectant. Only time will tell if it works as good as 303. It was the only one on the shelf that said UV Protectant.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:02 AM   #37

I can tell you what doesn't work for waxing an RV. RainX with Carnauba Wax Beads. Deep Cleansing Foam, Carnauba Wax Protection, Brilliant Shine.

Did a panel 100% by directions with RainX and another with Wash/Wax All and I can read my house numbers in the reflection with Wash/Wax All. Not so with RainX. I think RainX should stick to windshields. Not saying Wash/Wax All is the best, but it did better than RainX.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #38

I just sponge washed my `06 car hauler with a strong solution of Dawn and ammonia and even after letting it sit for several minutes, it still showed dirt streaks when I rinsed it. I tried a small area with Wash/Wax All and it took off the rest of the dirt and shined it. I just bought the hauler last week, so don't know how long it sat dirty.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Before I got the Monaco I pulled a Jayco 5th wheel trailer and one of the men in charge of part of the service dept at the Jayco factory was asked the same thing... by me. His reply was to to wash the trailer (motorhome or what have you) with a good auto wash that would not harm the paint or decals and to rinse well. After that use a a good wax/cleaner, i.e. Meguiar's Yellow Wax and Cleaner. I tried his advice and with great results. Personally I'd recommend this to anyone as I feel you can't go wrong.
lwc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #40

Manufacturers generally recommend NOT using a dish washing soap to wash your car/rv as it's actually a bit of a solvent, getting grease off your dishes. It will also strip what wax you already have on the coach. They recommend using a wash soap formulated for automotive finishes.

My coach is full body paint and I use Turtle Wax wash with wax in it. It has kept the coach looking great since new. I also use and recommend Meguiar's cleaner wax when it's time to wax (time to do mine now!). Once it has a good coat of wax on it, the wash with wax in it car wash solution keeps it clean and shiny between waxes. Both are available at Wally Mart.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #41

Send a message via Yahoo to BlauMax
The Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaint View Post
What is solution?? Is that a brand name??
Google "The Solution" cleaner. I bought mine at an RV show years ago. Sadly, I've never used it. Guess I should try it, at least on one of my cars.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhite View Post
Google "The Solution" cleaner. I bought mine at an RV show years ago. Sadly, I've never used it. Guess I should try it, at least on one of my cars.
Did you read the fine print? It says to send it to me.

« No juice | Air bags »