Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2005, 10:18 AM   #1

For you who frequest RVnet, sorry for double posting this.

What is the general rep of Monaco and Holiday Rambler products? I am considering the Diplomat or Endeavor. They seem to have everything I want. Good floorplan, Cummins 400hp, good storage, sleeps my family plus a couple, all the electronic goodies, etc., etc.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2005, 10:18 AM   #2

For you who frequest RVnet, sorry for double posting this.

What is the general rep of Monaco and Holiday Rambler products? I am considering the Diplomat or Endeavor. They seem to have everything I want. Good floorplan, Cummins 400hp, good storage, sleeps my family plus a couple, all the electronic goodies, etc., etc.

Old 04-11-2005, 05:11 PM   #3

From my experiance, my Monaco has been very reliable and very well built. It is a 36' 1996 Windsor with a 250 hp Cummins. If I had the funds and opportunity, I would not hesitate to purchase another Monaco. Hope this helps
retired2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 12:46 PM   #4

We have a one year old HR Neptune 36PDD. We bought it new.

In terms of general quality, I think the rig is quite satisfactory. There are certainly some minor problems, many of which I am fixing myself. For example, the wires from the remote-control heated mirrors enter the front cap through a hole in the mirror bracket, and are not protected by corrugated wire loom and are not supported. They hang down a foot or two in a loose loop with connectors just hanging out in space so to speak. Not very good assembly technique or QA. Another annoyance is that the "Jacks Down" sensor wiring is not waterproof. Road spray in a heavy rain will cause the alarm to "fade in". Very annoying. The first time it happened I did not know what it was and was off the road for about two hours on the phone with Monaco (they did not know what it was either) trying to determine if I could continue to drive the coach or not.

The features in the coach are very good, and it is quite comfortable and drives very well. The only things I am adding to the coach are Sattelite reciever module for the Sattelite ready AM/FM/CD radio, a CB and Ham radios and maybe a surge supressor.

I have spoken with several different people at different RV service centers and they said the problems with my coach are fairly minor and fairly typical of most brands. To get a significant step up in quailty would require a million dollar investment in a prevost conversion type rig.

I do reccommend that you very carefully look at the rig for these kinds of problems (the mirror wiring was quite apparent - I missed it at delivery, but I should have caught it). Also look at the rig for basic livability. The person who ordered and optioned my coach ( I bought it as lot stock ) managed to get rid of all the drawers in the kitchen as well as the pantry. ( The 4 door fridge got rid of the pantry, the conventional oven got rid of the silverware drawers - we also have a microwave/convection oven and probably don't need the gas oven )

Good Luck

Jim
Old 05-20-2005, 03:49 PM   #5

Not as good as some, BUT better than most.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:04 PM   #6

We're on our 2nd HR Vacationer. Like the other post, some minor things needed fixing. We're going to Wildwood next week to get the elec awning fixed (it starts to unroll before it swings out). The warranty people are top-noch. Never a hassel to fix anything. We liked our first coach (1999 model) that we got a new one last July( one with 2 slides and 2 baths) Our married children camp with us sometimes, so we wanted this type of floor plan. I would recommend a Monaco Coach. Try Colton RV in New York for a good deal. They beat the nearest price we had by over $11,000, and they took our trade sight unseen and gave us what they said they would when we arrived to pick up the new coach. s/Toby
Old 05-26-2005, 05:04 AM   #7

Our experience with our pre Monaco Beaver is all we can relate but it has exceeded our expectations. They corrected a problem caused by the factory service center in Tampa, FL before Monaco bought Beaver that took over 115 man hours plus material for no charge on our '97 Patriot. They answer e mailed questions to technical service within 24 hours 95% of the time and within 48 100% of the time.

The new Beaver products seem to be better in initial quality but are taking on some Monaco traits.

and a Bob Tail Cat
Richard and Babs and a Bob Tail Cat is offline   Reply With Quote