Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2015, 09:48 AM   #29

I took my cell phone charger and notified my bank that I would be making some purchases out of state and for how long, had the dealer run me up to Wally World, got a few items to get me home and hit the road.
DaSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2015, 02:36 PM   #30
jrs

Rand McNally Deluxe Motor Carriers' Road Atlas along with what's been previously mentined.. a GPS system – some like the Walmart brand road atlas. Sunglasses. Let credit card company know about the trip to prevent issues.
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:57 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Do not leave home without Coachnet
Old 10-31-2015, 02:57 PM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'd repeat (it was buried in my long list) there's nothing like a thousand bucks in cash as a good backup plan if/when plastic doesn't work (I got a bunch of coins too for tolls).
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:03 PM   #33

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
The posts recommending a roadside service plan, credit cards, a GPS and a toothbrush are spot on. You definitely don't want to be out and about in a coach without any/all of those items.

Weird as it sounds - the first thing I bought for my coach (after those all important items were in place) was a pair of cheap plastic sandals. We were making our first ever RV trip in a rented Class A during some rainy weather - and quickly hated the dirt we were constantly trekking into the coach when we walked in and out with our shoes on. Yet, there was a endless stream of reasons I had to step outside - so there was no avoiding it. Yet there wasn't a good place to stop and put shoes on or take them off without either stepping outside (into the wet) .. or walking completely into the coach and sitting in one of the captains chairs. A cheap pair of plastic sandals that I toss out the door and step into from the steps or kick off when I stepped up onto the steps solved the problem for cheap.
I keep a pair or two of bedroom slippers under the drivers seat for the same reason although I put them on and off after I'm in and the door closed.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a