Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2014, 06:25 AM   #29

What should I buy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcgill View Post
People like you will never get it. Lots of us like buying new, nothing to do how much money we have, just what we like. We are on our 4th new RV and our 2nd new coach. I would never buy used and know lots who feel the same way. The poster is asking which one to buy.....NEW! Go gloat over your great used deals and how some poor guy wasted all that depreciation and how he must have money to throw away, after a couple more years when we trade ours in we need people like you!

I at first thought Longhorn55 meant buying new, but look, he also started this thread
Diesel Pusher question

With almost the same question, except he states his budget is $325,000 approx.

That amount is NOT GOING TO BUY NEW any of his three top choices.....which are

Newmar Mountainaire, American Eagle, Entegra Cornerstone

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2014, 04:29 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I at first thought Longhorn55 meant buying new, but look, he also started this thread
Diesel Pusher question - iRV2 Forums

With almost the same question, except he states his budget is $325,000 approx.

That amount is NOT GOING TO BUY NEW any of his three top choices.....which are

Newmar Mountainaire, American Eagle, Entegra Cornerstone
Really amazing when fellows will start two or three threads asking almost the same question. It is like they do not like the advice so hope if they ask the question slightly differently they will get the answer they want. Sounds like the definition of stupidity "Repeating the same action hoping for a different outcome".

While he is hoping to get the coach of his dreams he will, as you point out, have to step up to the plate to get what he wants. Or buy used.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #31

Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought my first one and I bought cheap. Sure am glad because it was a learning experience. Work on this and work on that. Now I am ready for a bigger and better. Maybe not bigger but better. LEARN HOW TO DRIVE ONE FIRST. I crashed mine into the eve of my patio. Get a set of walkie talkies they make backing up a lot better. I have 4 and at night when we get somewhere with friends I give anyone helping me one so I don't run into anything and they are cheap compared to repairs. Most of the time you can't hear when someone says stop or at least I can't being 57 and working in refineries all my life. Make sure you don't have any soft spots. Make sure they let the slide out out and look to make sure they don't have any stress spot where they connect. No water marks inside the drawers. Walk on top make sure no soft spots and make sure it was maintained. You are supposed to recaulk once a year from what I understand. Mine doesn't look like it has ever been done as a matter of fact I am waiting for the sun to dry it out so I can do it today.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:07 PM   #32

A GREAT big help is spend a few weekends in a friend's RV (if possible) and then you will begin to make a mental list of some things that you like, some you don't like, and some that are 'must haves.'

It's a long way from Texas to Morgantown!
Old 09-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Now is the time to buy it. Each day you wait is another day you are sitting at home instead of in your MH.