Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2017, 11:11 PM   #15

Depends, if it is just an every day coach that is easily obtained or is it something special that may be difficult to find? I sold my 40 year old GMC that was due for an interior remodel last year for $20,000 cash money on Craiglist to a buyer 3 states away. Took a lot of high quality pictures listed most of the desirable upgrades etc. listed it on a couple of GMC websites with coaches $2k and up but Craiglist was the winner for me. You need to convince the buyer it is very special if you want to get a good price for your coach I still miss my GMC but my country coach was a good replacement.
Roy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
I sold my rv for full asking price in 3 weeks to the second person that looked at it.
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:09 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I took me almost 4 years to sell mine. I took lots of good pictures and priced it a little below what I had seen on lots and other adds. We took out all of our stuff and cleaned it thoroughly inside and out. We had many lookers and several that wanted to buy but could not come up with the cash. Finally the right guy came along and I sold it for $2000. less than what I asked for it. It was just below NADA average price. I think NADA is a good guideline to work from.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:12 PM   #18

USAA has financing for motor homes - pretty decent terms.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:21 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
A were in the market for a new RV (trailer). I always keep an eye on what used ones are being listed for either RVTrader or on dealer websites. I put a lot of stock into "wear & tare" and "cleanliness".

About a month ago after finding our "next" RV (trailer) the salesman gave a quote with our trade which I had parked down the street from their lot. I asked "do you want me to pull my RV trailer up so you can take a look". Hope, we don't care what it looks like. I prefer to sell it myself as I know it is in good condition. Sold my last RV (trailer) for $2500 more than the trade in value on Craigslist.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:43 PM   #20

There are a lot of great recommendations. One that some will agree on but has not been mentioned, make sure it doesn't smell. If you have smoked in it get the smell out (have a detail shop help). Being clean goes miles when you want to sell it which includes the outside. Maybe have it waxed if need too. I've never had a problem (knock on wood) selling my motorcycles, cars, bicycles or even an airplane. All because they looked very nice and were in great mechanical condition.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:21 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor29.3inAZ View Post
There are a lot of great recommendations. One that some will agree on but has not been mentioned, make sure it doesn't smell. If you have smoked in it get the smell out (have a detail shop help). Being clean goes miles when you want to sell it which includes the outside. Maybe have it waxed if need too. I've never had a problem (knock on wood) selling my motorcycles, cars, bicycles or even an airplane. All because they looked very nice and were in great mechanical condition.
You are right on point when it comes to cleanliness and smell.
My wife and I looked at several around our neck of the woods being sold by dealers. At the price point we were looking at I was saddened by the shape and quality of these rigs, I'm talking a budget of 100g for a used rig. I was wondering if I needed to up the budget to 130.......

We decided to look at private owners and made an appointment to meet a gentlemen who had a 40' 2005 Beaver Monterey with 4 slides . Once we drove up to it we were impressed, for one he had the tires covered. When he opened the coach door and we entered it smelled brand new and it showed brand new. It had the king bed we wanted and the 400 diesel. To our liking the coach was loaded with options, hydro hot, ducted air, etc ,etc. My wife looked at me within a few minutes and said, this is ours. The asking price was 89g, he had told me the night before he was lowering to 83,500 to get it sold. We bargained again and he dropped another 2g. We were so happy to be spending 81 instead of 100 and getting a well equipped MH with low miles.

Now we need more time to play.
Brad
bradvoorhees is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome