Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2016, 10:08 AM   #15

When I took the drivers confidence course at Lazy Days, the instructor said a DP idles at 12 MPH.

ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2016, 10:25 PM   #16

Docking light do not come on unless transmission is reverse; or, engine is off. For my MH anyway. i assume the fuse is good.
FWIW, over 90% of 12V issues are the result of poor/missing ground.
I just traced down and fixed my rear flood lights; missing ground. Instead of repairing that hidden ground wire behind the rear cap, I simply ran a new one.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:36 PM   #17

If your idle speed is too high, the Allison controller won't shift into gear , so if you get forward and reverse when you push the buttons , idle speed is good.

Lights under cabinet in slide , probably a hidden switch on the wall , beside couch or hidden by window coverings.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:31 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
FWIW, I have two ways to adjust idle. On the left drivers panel I can adjust idle from 600-800 then back down with a rocker switch in about 50 rpm increments. On the steering wheel with the smart wheel, brake set, cruise "on" then "set" puts it in fast idle ~900 rpm
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:50 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Docking lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Docking light do not come on unless transmission is reverse; or, engine is off. For my MH anyway. i assume the fuse is good.
FWIW, over 90% of 12V issues are the result of poor/missing ground.
I just traced down and fixed my rear flood lights; missing ground. Instead of repairing that hidden ground wire behind the rear cap, I simply ran a new one.
Thanks will give the ground a look. I have been finding wires not connected or pulled loose here and there.

Found two blue wires and a purple wire broken loose yesterday just under the entry door and electric step in the forward part of the wheel well.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:50 AM   #20

What should idle be for a DP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
FWIW, I have two ways to adjust idle. On the left drivers panel I can adjust idle from 600-800 then back down with a rocker switch in about 50 rpm increments. On the steering wheel with the smart wheel, brake set, cruise "on" then "set" puts it in fast idle ~900 rpm

With the engine running and the cruise off. You can press either the set or resume button on the smart wheel. Each press with either raise or lower idle about 25 rpm. This value will be stored and that will be your idle speed until you change again.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:57 AM   #21

Appalachian Campers
Heartland RV Club
Mine idles at 700 rpm +/- and will move if the transmission is in gear.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:00 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracar1242 View Post
Was a bit worried. Mine is at 700 and does the same. Just wanted to I make sure that was"normal".

I personally think you got a lot of damn gall saying anyone who buys a bus to go hang around in the woods is normal. 😧😜

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103

JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote