Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2016, 07:05 AM   #57

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Louisiana
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2016, 07:10 AM   #58

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by olustee bus View Post
From my ipad
I vote to have olustee bus travel all the roads in this great country and take notes on his iPad. We will then have scientific proof
Cbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:12 AM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Louisiana has the worst roads ever followed closely by California.

Both of which are governed by a corrupt government. Where do you think all of the money that WAS appropriated for improving the sates highway infrastructure is going?

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:26 AM   #60
Community Administrator

Here's a reminder of the section of our Community Rules that pertain to political discussions.

General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of iRV2. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.

Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:50 AM   #61

I vote for mass, then connecticut followed very closely by Rhode island. Terrible roads. Can't wait to move out of here.
smbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:04 AM   #62

Carolina Campers
Michigan...but then the entire state has issues not just the DOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
During the winter, New Mexico.

I don't think they realize that SALT was invented to help remove ice....

During the summer, I was going to say Ohio. But after thinking about it, there are no roads in Ohio in the summer. All they have are orange barrels..
Actually the south use to use sand more than salt (that was one way to tell a transplant was how rusted the car was from salt). Now the south adds salt brine to the sand. But salt doesn't melt ice below a certain temp anyway.

Best way to remove ice is to stay put til Mother Nature does it for you.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:31 AM   #63

Winnebago Owners Club
All DOT must use something to keep the sand from freezing in the pile. Either keep it in heated sheds or use a brine of some sort. Some heat the sand in a plant so it is hot so it will stick to the ice.

I have no intentions of traveling over any ice or snow with the coach.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:05 PM   #64

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
All DOT must use something to keep the sand from freezing in the pile. Either keep it in heated sheds or use a brine of some sort. Some heat the sand in a plant so it is hot so it will stick to the ice.

I have no intentions of traveling over any ice or snow with the coach.
For decades, the DOT down here in the south didn't worry about brine or heating the sand etc since we don't get below freezing all that many days in a row.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #65

Appalachian Campers
Heartland RV Club
Send a message via Yahoo to cbramsey
Louisiana and Michigan get my vote. I hear they found Jimmy Hoffa during the last episode of "Dodge The Lodge"!!!!
2015 Ford F450 Platinum DRW , 2017 Heartland Landmark 365 Charleston Me, Wife, "Canines" Lucy [Chihuahua/Jack Russell Terrier mix] & Fawn [Chihuahua] and “Felines” Pixel & Pollux [Manx], Iris, Pepper & Max [DSH], Mystique [DLH]
cbramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:41 PM   #66

Ford Super Duty Owner
Michigan. We spend bookoo bucks on roads and their crap. We live on a gravel road that's way better than most of the blacktop and concrete roads. I've heard this is at least in part because we have no state standard for construction. If you've ever been on I-75 crossing the mi-ohio border you'll see what I mean.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:45 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbones View Post
I vote to have olustee bus travel all the roads in this great country and take notes on his iPad. We will then have scientific proof
Yeah, I can go for that. I'll get right back with you all.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:26 PM   #68

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady View Post
For decades, the DOT down here in the south didn't worry about brine or heating the sand etc since we don't get below freezing all that many days in a row.
Ha - beach sand! Good point.