Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #1

With an electric heater running (among a couple of other things I'm sure) I decided to warm up some water in the microwave for tea. You all know what happens next. After resetting the breakers inside, outlets, garage breaker, unplugging and plugging back in, everything seems to be working except the outlets and microwave. I've reset the breakers in bedroom. Now what?

Are there breakers outside that I need to locate?
I've checked the GFI outlets (found 1 in bathroom and 1 below dining table). Am I missing anything?
The owners manual, while elaborate, just says to "reset the circuit breaker."

We're one month into our first DP. (First anything!)
2001 38' Holiday Rambler Endeavor

Hitting the road full time in a month and trying to work out as many "kinks" as possible - and stay warm in the process!

Thanks so much in advance for any input you all might have!

~ Michelle

PS - the GFI in the bathroom will not reset. And the one in the dining area does reset.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1671496293.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	469.3 KB
ID:	27368  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Try setting the braker on the inverter the microwave and some outlets run of it.Hope this helps.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
paz

Your photo shows the panel for your Xantrex inverter. Does the microwave run off the inverter? If so, there may be a breaker on the inverter that has tripped. The receptacles that don't work may also be connected to the inverter.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TramDogs View Post

PS - the GFI in the bathroom will not reset. And the one in the dining area does reset.
I think you're answering your question. The GFCI in the bathroom controls the kitchen outlets on my mh. GFCI's do wear out. Try replacing this outlet and you may solve the problem.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:34 AM   #5

Newer gfi's have to be getting power to reset.... I would suspect this since 2 of your gfi's won't reset... I would try resetting breakers again (including the inverter)...Sometimes they look on but they are not....Turn them off then on...Hope this helps..
Old 10-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #6

Daylight's coming - hope to find the mysterious switch...

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm able to get power everywhere except the bathroom GFI, the microwave, and the outlets across from the kitchen in the dining area. Seems very odd to me that the kitchen outlets are working.

I'm having a tough time trying to figure out if there are any switches outside that I might be able to reset. A quick poke around last night didn't reveal any additional breakers. But then again, this is my first time "poking around" looking for breakers, switches, etc. of any kind.

The really good news is that the water bay heater functioned happily all night as well as the heat pumps, so I was able to keep things pretty toasty despite the 20 degree temps.

However, the furnace seemed to stop working a couple of days ago, so I'll have to do some more research on getting that to fire up again too...

If anyone has any additional thoughts on other places I should be investigating, please share. I'll be back out there when the sun comes up hoping warm temps and sunlight will bring additional success.

~ Michelle
Old 10-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #7

You could pull the GFI plug out of the box and see if it is getting power into it. Be careful there, use a tester on the wires and look for juice.

And as mentioned, find the inverter and see if the overload breaker on it has popped.

Joe
Old 10-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IF and I stress IF you have an inverter, so you can heat your coffee in the microwave without resorting to shore power or generator, IT may have it's own circuit breakers.

Also, RV wiring is not always up to space heaters, you may have burned out a wire. I did.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #9

Ok folks. I'm seriously stumped here.

This may sound like a really silly question, but does anyone know exactly where I might find the inverter?

Attaching photos of all the electrical pieces I can find in the mh. Again, referencing the manual only says that it exists. None of the items I see have any kind of switch.

Would be so excited to figure this out before my DBF gets home.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2070407162.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	489.9 KB
ID:	27382   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1185647257.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	459.8 KB
ID:	27383  

Name:	image-2636866807.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	400.7 KB
ID:	27384   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3611534420.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	443.6 KB
ID:	27385  

Old 10-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #10

Just tried to switch the fridge from LP (which it defaulted to last night) to AC. It alerted me "no AC" then I tried AU and it went back to LP...
Old 10-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #11

Try unplugging the two cables on the inverter and plugging them back in also search around both of tose units for a fuse or breaker.My best guess.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
Michelle,

It looks like there is a reset button on the Inverter (green box) down just below the - sign on the right. Although, I saw your Xantrex panel showing lights on as if it is on.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
It's almost certainly the breakers built into the inverter. There's DC power going to the inverter, which is why the panel lights up. But there's no AC out, so it's a circuit breaker at the inverter, or downstream from the inverter.

joe
Old 10-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #14

The inverter is the one that says Freedom Combi Heart Interface. As others have said, try pushing the white button just below the "-" sign. If that clicks back into place, that may solve your problem.

Like I said in the PM I sent, we've done the same thing tripping the inverter and although we have a Dimensions inverter, we have a reset button on the inverter itself that pops out when we overload and we have to go out and reset it by pushing it back in.