Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-29-2015, 11:43 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Got a couple of 12v + 2 usb connections and one 'octopus'
(1in to 3out 12v splitter)
put the new 12v on my left side console, plug the octopus in,
and it takes care of the gps, brake buddy, and my super duper seat cooler !

If you really are sad and think nobody cares, just try missing a few payments ! '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a Demco Excali-Bar II hitch which is pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport.
JohnBoyToo is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #16
GPS and TPMS sit on the PS window, there are two 110V plunges next to her chair. I don't even have a view of them. DW is truly the navigator and let's me know of any tire changes.
If the phone is being used a a hot spot it doesn't have to be on the dash, just somewhere within reach of the nagavator... I mean navigator.

Paul, Kathy, and Tux a 4 month Mini Schnauzer
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42 LH, 2013 Honda CRV
"When the time comes to look back, make sure you'll like what you see"
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:04 PM   #17

Originally Posted by Slolane View Post
When we made the inaugural trip from picking up the Dutch Star, we started hooking up the electronics on the dash. Priority was the GPS, also had the TPMS and the remote for the Blue Ox Patriot brake system. Also need to mention the cell phones that need charging during the day.

The coach only has one 12v outlet on the dash.

I ended up buying a 12v strip that had 2 12v outlets and 3 USB outlets at AutoZone for the trip home, but the dash is a snake pit of cords.

How does everyone deal with the abundance of electronics that need their juice?

I've been toying with making a bracket or other mounting system to keep them organized, any pics or ideas?
I have my GPS, Sat Radio and Dash Cam hard wired into the fuse panel. The two external 12V plugs on the dash are for the Patriot and phone etc.
Dennis & Carol
2003, 4006, 41' DutchStar, Spartan, ISC 8.3L W/BanksPower - 2013 Honda CRV, BlueOx Baseplate, Aventa Bar & Patriot Brake. And the 04 Bird, Sunshine Car.
dennis45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:32 PM   #18
I have a 12v to 110v strip from Pilot Truck Stop (under $35). It has another 12v port on the other end, 4 or 5 plugs for 110v , and 2 USB ports. I use the USB ports or a house charger for phones, tablets, and computers. It is only 450 watts, but none of this stuff draws much juice anyway.
Bob and sometimes - Nina - a Staffordshire Terrier/a SPOILED pit and her kitty Spaz
2006 Dodge SLT 2500 4x4 Cummins Quad Cab w/AT and 3.73
2007 Salem Sport LE 26FBSRV (TH) w/ my Victory Motorcycle in it or a EZ GO Shuttle cart.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:53 AM   #19
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I am in the process of building a charging station in the back where the rear television used to be located. Station includes the printer/scanner, dedicated connections for laptops, iPad, phones, vacuum and power tool batteries. Top shelf will be for paper supplies and ink cartridges for printer as well as the cell phone booster and wifi. The door will be the replacement flat screen TV. Amazing how much space the old TV took up. Still with all that gear I am 20 pounds lighter. When finished no more dangling power cords to untangle.

michealwhela is offline   Reply With Quote