Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-28-2005, 07:12 AM   #15
Warm Heart-Cold Feet,.........My God, we are at the same dealer !!!!!! I am at the Mesa lot.

I know the exact coach you are speaking of. It is of the brown exterior. I have examined it many times over....

They have 2. 40' and either a 36' or it might be 34'. Both brown.

Nows the time to make a deal because all the 2006's will be coming in a few month's.

I still am having a dificult time of it. I must drive both again.

But I think the results will be the same. That Alpine was quite a shock on the drive. That's why I must get another quick drive on the beaver M.This is not a second guess but just to see if it is THAT much better. Because it is better.
I just wish Alpine made a more quality interior ...
I was wondering if you will stop by the Mesa location because I am here. I could go in depth about the Alpine and issues it has. {They all have issues} monterey ect-ect.
But once you weed them out. You are pretty much good to go.
I will tell you this. This Mesa branch has the absolute best Tech's I have EVER seen.
They go over your coach so thorough and complete. You would not imagine how serious they are about setting you down the road in ship shape.
I thought my list was complete and when I seem Steve's ...his was a mile long. They see things you could not imagine right down to the bolts being tight under your coach.
They will bend over backwards to make you happy.
And I do not go round giving this kind of credit,but cannot help but notice it since I have been here to witness it.
Warm Heart-Cold Feet-If you like, I would be happy to discuss any aspect of the Alpine or Monterey when you come to visit{provided I am still here}
I am glad you have come to a conclusion and hope I will be able to make my mind up because for me this is a very difficult decision.

Wingding is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2005, 12:44 PM   #16
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Cummins seems to have more "Authorized Service Centers" that are convenient to a owner. Also many places where parts can be obtained. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I just wanted to add that when you buy that new motorhome you might want to specify both the Cummins (engine) and Onan (generator). Both can be serviced in the same facility. I've been passing a lot of Cummins/Onan Service Centers in my travels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention Coach Care that is RV specific and is bumper to bumper service on many chassis', Cummins Engine, Onan generators and many appliances.

cheleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:16 PM   #17
I would go with the Cummins over the Cat and contuary to what was said in other posts about Cat being faster off the line that was before the new Accert engine. I personnaly had both the Cat and Cummins in my new 2004 & 2005 Dutch Stars and the Cummins would walk all over the Cat off the line or on the long pull plus the Cat got terrible MPG at 5 MPG the Cummins get over 8 MPG
waterboy/co-pilot Mary

2007 DSDP/4320
waterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:38 PM   #18
I've owned both a 330 C7 and a 400 C9, and never got less than 7 on either one - 5 doesn't sound anywhere near right. As I stated before, it's a Ford vs. Chevy thing, and can or never will be answered with any degree of anything except preference and opinion.
Carol & Steve Vallancourt

2005 Revolution LE 40E
Steve Val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:45 AM   #19
I don't think it's a good idea to base your coach decision on whether the coach has a CAT or a Cummins. Their both good power plants. First of all, for the most part that decision has been made for you long before you decided to buy. The manufacture will only allow us to make so many decisions and generally, the power package has already been bought. Now, if you have the bucks, you can spend a lot more, but generally, the bennifit to use ratio just isn't there for the added cost. I only know of a couple instances where you really get your moneys worth when you request one engine or another. If you want those 50 more horses their gong to cost you another $15,000 +. It doesn't make sense to buy the power package twice, because thats what your doing, and then you never get any of that money back.

I replied to a dealer pricing guide book at another site the other day; do you know that we are not compensated for any options we purchase with our coaches, nor those that we add after the sale.? "NOTHING" Thats right, it's the biggest rip-off we face when we buy these coaches, and it's planned that way. We sit down with the salesperson and look at all the options they put before us and never give any thought to their real value, and for the most part we really shouldn't have to. But, heres the truth of the matter.

We pay and pay dearly for the options we want on our coaches, but did you know, that there is NO consideration given for their value when you trade or finance a used coach? The value of our coaches, once they become used, is derived soley on their base price at new. If you take your coach to a dealer and use it for a trade-in, your going to get what looks like low book value, and low book value is what the financial institutions look at if and when we want to finance a purchase of a used coach. To me, this is so far from reality, that it stinks of someone profiting at our expense.

I like extras and the nicer things we can afford in life, but there's a limit to just how much I'm willing to throw away, so some else can profit from it...

As they say in government, "the system is broke and needs to be fixed."

Tomcat F15
Old 05-04-2005, 05:24 AM   #20
This is no revelation - it's been going on since day one. I learned about it years ago when my inlaws began fulltiming, when they traded their first 5er. I'm surprised that more people haven't commented on this. Hasn't anyone wondered why you can negotiate a deal without anyone ever seeing your rig? That's because, unless it's in lower than average condition, it doesn't matter how much you've aded, or how nice it looks. The value is determined by book, and that's that. I found out first hand when we traded our first MH, and the many upgrades added affected the trad by nothing. I learned then that whatever you add had better be just for your enjoyment, as it does nothing to increase the trade value.
Unfortunately, I've also seen some rigs that people have traded where things have been added and the way that they have been rigged to fit are nothing short of scary - extention cords run instead of being properly wired, and other cobb-jobs that look like something out of a third world country. I talked to a guy on a lot, and he was complaining that he would never do business with this group because of what they were offering for his trade. He very proudly showed me 99 cent window shades installed where there used to be blinds (a lot quieter, says he), extention cords running around everywhere, looking like they were stapled with a machinegun, poorly fitting slipcovers on the furniture, and a piece of vinyl flooring that was just layed down on the floor - it moved.
I guess it works both ways.

Carol & Steve Vallancourt

2005 Revolution LE 40E
Steve Val is offline   Reply With Quote