Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
What's on the bottom of my fuel filter

Today I changed the fuel filters on my 2004 HR Endeavor ISC 330 hp. I removed the drivers side filter which is located in the area where the hydraulic jack reservoir is and had no problems.

When I attempted to change the filter above the starter in the passenger side I found the exact same filter as the one I just changed. A FS 1022 but the book says it should be a FS 1242 which is what I purchased.

In looking at the new filter (1242) there seems to be something that screws onto the bottom of the filter but that piece is missing. I'm thinking that perhaps the original owner lost it and just replaced the filter with a FS 1022.

Can someone tell me what screws on the bottom of the 1242 as I would like to bring it back to the way it was originally.

Thanks, Mike

2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ 330 Cummins
S/N 1RF42464342027368
Mtn.Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
Probably either a water in fuel sensor or a drain valve.

2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4024
Pulling my 2012 Malibu w/Blue OX & Patriot brake unit
HicksRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
I don't think so. The ID is 3/4". Is it possible that it's a separate water container that would have the plug in for the water in fuel sensor?
Someone out there must have the same ISC 330 and I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

S/N 1RF42464342027368
Old 07-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
Newmar Owners Club
Hi Mtn.Mike,
Google "fleetguard 1242 filter". You'll have your answer for the filter. As to HR using that feature, I can not say.
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
Monaco Owners Club
There Should be a plastic cup that screws onto the bottom of the filter. Also on mine, the plastic cup includes the water sensor. You might have a two wire plug to attach to the plastic cup. When I changed filters, i took the cup off the old filter and screwed it on the new one.

I don't know if your engine had a water sensor.

Good luck
2002 38' Diplomat
Keith & Shirley
Durant, OK
ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
I believe you'll find that the fs1242b is really what you're going to want. The fs1242b (b is for bowl) is a water separator filter. The water collects in the clear bowl in the bottom of the separator/filter and can be drained from the petcock on the unit's underside. When you change the filter, you will only need fs1242 (w/o the "b") if you are careful not to damage the bottom bowl. The fs 1242 comes with gaskets to attach the previously used bowl. It's a pretty cool unit, but eventually you'll want a new bowl after you've reused it several times.
Jonnyboy 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
Thanks for the quick help. I located the bowl part #3831871S and will be ordering the FS 1242B filter and bowl.

Thanks again, Mike
S/N 1RF42464342027368
Old 07-22-2013, 06:01 AM   #8
you need a 1242B which includes the bowl. I just went through this. The bowl is removable and can be put on the 1242's

Steve and Joy
2013 Winnebago Journey
Where We Are Now
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote