Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2014, 01:54 PM   #15

The book averages the low retail number

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2014, 03:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by isellem View Post
The bank takes the wholesale number and anything higher than that the buyer needs as cash down
The banks around here were fairly uniform with how they computed loan amount. The will loan 75% of regular retail. In cases where that number is 25% less than what the buyer/seller agree to, it becomes a 40-50% Down Payment.

That is where NADA hurts the used market when people want to take advantage of low rates by financing their purchase. I don't have a fix for the problem; so I guess I was just making an observation, after learning that there isn't an alternative resource for pricing motor homes.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:34 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Great suggestion about PPL and the combination. We are currently looking to buy and have found the PPL data very helpful. They certainly seem to be able to sell lower than anyone else, though! Their numbers tend to come in at lo to below lo Nada base retail. We ourselves are not having any success getting a price like that, however. I would love to know their trick!

Another place to find some sold prices is on RV Registry. There's no way to know for sure if those are the actual sold prices, but that is the intent. I emailed the site and asked that specific question. They said those are the sold prices as they are reported to them. However, I would think that overall it's decent information.

I have been doing a lot of research to try to determine market value to help us in our search. It's not an easy thing to determine. However, I'm coming to the conclusion that getting it below Lo Nada is a good deal and that at Lo Nada still an okay deal but anything out of midrange Nada is probably not so great. (and I'm using base Nada - not the one specific to that particular MH). Would be interested to know what others think of these conclusions. True market value is a challenge to determine.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:04 PM   #18

When dealer use NADA they don't add for options so keep that in mind when looking it up. On another note most dealers will sell a coach at low retail/wholesale as long as they are not buried in it.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #19

I regards to your last post your on the right track
Old 10-01-2014, 11:59 AM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
I suspect NADA does not use actual trade in transactions values for their values of RV's like they do for cars and trucks.

When I was trying to use NADA iin 2002 it seemed an arbitrary (maybe educated) formula was used to assign depreciation to the previous value.

However, the banker does not care as long as he can point to a respected printed number to defend his transaction decision.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #21

Agreed.

I also would suspect/expect that brands with less-than-massive numbers of unit in the marketplace suffer. If only a handful show up in a given year, then if even one unit is a barker, it skews the number for everybody else.

My interest was Mandalay, of course, and I could make a logical case for why NADA numbers are much less than real world selling prices.

Tags
ada