Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2015, 05:23 PM   #1

What's the best ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE nowaday?

This is something we don't think about enough, and we should. Our first MH and we signed up for the Good Sam program of assistance (only to learn that State Farm seems to cover a lot of that, too)
During the past year we've read about GS not being as comprehensive as they advertise...or are they.

Since we're in the market again, what is the best roadside assistance program for the south and eastern USA?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2015, 05:50 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I like Coach-net because they also have tech support. I have used there tech support once and it solved my problem without having to tow my MH.

Coach-Net - Plans

06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:13 PM   #3

I believe the majority of RVer's use "Coach Net"
Old 08-24-2015, 11:29 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have had occasion to call CoachNet 3 times in 3 years. On each call they have been prompt, professional, and on top of things. Highly recommend.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:18 AM   #5

I currently have Good Sam, and I also have AAA Platinum with RV coverage. I recently had a water pump failure and was about 140 miles from my home Freightliner dealer and 109 miles from the nearest Freightliner dealer (but it was in the wrong direction from home). Both took about the same amt of time to find the only local towing service that could handle a DP. Cost difference...because Good Sam tows to the nearest capable and accepting dealer I would have been responsible for the extra 60-70 miles (31 miles extra each way). The company charges by the hour so probably a bit more than an hour at around $200/hour. With AAA they cover it all up to 200 miles. In this case it was cheaper to go with AAA for my wallet. If I had been farther afield and it was more than 200 miles, Good Sam would have been the better choice for me. I have had Coach net in the past but never used them. In summary, both did the same job, at the same speed, in this case AAA was better for me but it could easily have been the other way around.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:27 AM   #6

Coach-Net saved our bacon twice in one day last year. They get right on the situation and stick with you. Also they had a diesel tech guy phone to give us advice and ideas.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:35 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I use CoachNet - never had a problem. Prompt service
RV4Me4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:20 PM   #8

Pretty surprising to read so many comments about Coach-Net, and so few about Good Sam.

Laying GS aside for a moment, do any of you that have your RV insurance with State Farm still use another carrier for road-side, or does your SF policy seem to cover you?

Others with other insurance companies that care, please chime in.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have Good Sams but have not had to use it yet,,knock on wood.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:33 PM   #10

We have Good Sam have used it twice and are very happy with their service.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:15 PM   #11

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
used good sams 3 times no issues and they cover all my vehicles
Old 08-26-2015, 08:36 PM   #12

We have Good Sam. We have used it twice for a passenger vehicle. Each time the tow vehicle that came was a 10 to 20 year old truck just barely able to do the job. Good Sam goes with the cheapest available in your area regardless of quality. I complained about it with Good Sam and they didn't seem to care as long as their guy showed up. We will go with Coach Net next time.

Don
Old 08-26-2015, 08:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
I have had occasion to call CoachNet 3 times in 3 years. On each call they have been prompt, professional, and on top of things. Highly recommend.

Ditto!
Civdiv99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
Pretty surprising to read so many comments about Coach-Net, and so few about Good Sam.

Laying GS aside for a moment, do any of you that have your RV insurance with State Farm still use another carrier for road-side, or does your SF policy seem to cover you?

Others with other insurance companies that care, please chime in.

I have State Farm for all insurance coverage. Between the good rates and discounts, and 20 some years with my agent through the various things that happens (raised 4 kids.....including the driving years and events that occur ), I have no qualms having my coach insured with them for all the normal liability, comprehensive, collision stuff.

I have Coachnet for coach related, non-accident stuff. (fyi, I called Coachnet one winter 6 years ago from a snowy ditch in my pickemuptruck. Truck showed up, pulled me out, shook hands, off we went)

the annual Coachnet rates are a non-issue as far as I am concerned, but I am a long way from retired, so I may have different criteria for what hits home or not. I felt in this reply I was just rambling without point, but you wanted chiming...........

Civdiv99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada