Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2016, 05:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
I had a spare tire swapped on by a roadside tire service, they had beads with them and put them in.

I had 2 changed and neither guy had any.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2016, 06:28 AM   #16

I use DynaBeads which are proven to be very effective. I reuse them when I switch tires.
Airstreamer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:30 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I put new Michelins on 3 years ago and had Dyna Beads installed. I have put 14K miles on them and store my RV every winter. Just got back from a 3k trip and they worked perfect.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:25 AM   #18
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We use beads in all our tires!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:40 AM   #19

I had beads installed when new tires were installed. It shook like crazy above 55 mph. pulled over and found tire shop left the lead weights on the front tires I pulled them off and it is now smooth. This tire shop will never see me again I had several problems with them when getting tires installed.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:57 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
If you go with plastic chips (beads) use the air valves that are made to be used with beads. They have tiny screens to keep beads from causing a valve to un-seat and slow air loss. Had beads in all tires. Performed air pressure check nite before departing on trip. Next morning DS frt tire totally flat. Pulled air valve out and beads came out with it. just sayn
TyreBeads Tire Balancing Beads - Filtered Valve Core

https://www.amazon.com/TyreBeads-Tir.../dp/B00LTCL0H0
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:05 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I have used the Dyna Beads from Innovative Balancing in Rochester NY for the past 6 years in my coach and trailer tires.

Love them and easy to install when putting on new tires.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:10 AM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
If you go with plastic chips (beads) use the air values that are made to be used with beads. They have tiny screens to keep beads from causing a valve to un-seat and slow air loss. Had beads in all tires. Performed air pressure check nite before departing on trip. Next morning DS frt tire totally flat. Pulled air valve out and beads came out with it. just sayn
TyreBeads Tire Balancing Beads - Filtered Valve Core

https://www.amazon.com/TyreBeads-Tir.../dp/B00LTCL0H0
Used to use these in my motorcycles, and have them in my coach. If you do not have the filtered valve stems, make sure the valve stem is at the bottom when you check pressure, or put a puff of air in them before checking the pressure. First case, beads will fall out of the stem, latter case, they get blown out if there are any there.

Jake
Retired-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:28 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Talking

Ever heard of the "two golf balls" in tire for balance. Not something I would do. But have had OTR truckers swear by it. Sorta like the poor man's Centramatic Wheel Balancers.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:50 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
Why Centramatics for us, well we expect to keep the coach for 10-15 years, maybe longer. So I expected at least three sets of tires going on over say 15 years, and the Centrmatics were a one time buy.
Best of luck, no real wrong answer here...
Smitty
Smitty77

My Centramatics are now being used on the 4th set of tires.
(They would be only on the 3rd set if the one set of Michelin XZE tires had not developed sidewall cracks at 3-1/2 years of age)
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:53 AM   #25

Country Coach Owners Club
Equal in front tires only.

14+ years.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:54 AM   #26

Evidently the Balancing Beads do not harm the TPMS sensors inside the mounted tires.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:46 AM   #27

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have the Centramatics and absolutely love them. The only issue I've run into is when I bought new tires from Les Schwab tires here in Washington,they refused to reinstall the Centramatics.... I was told by the manager that they have a policy against using wheel spacers or adapters...
I tried repeatedly to explain that the Centramatics are not wheel spacers but are wheel balancers... They would not budge regarding their policy. This is a large chain of tire stores and sell tires for big trucks all the time. I can't believe that they do not know the difference between tire balancers and spacers or adapters.
I don't think I'll buy any more tires from Les Schwab tires in the future.
I ended up going down the street to a truck repair place and paying them to install the Centramatics. (No air tools at home)
Before buying any new tires in the future I'll be sure to ask them about their policy regarding wheel balancers.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Sheriffbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:45 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriffbubba View Post
I have the Centramatics and absolutely love them. The only issue I've run into is when I bought new tires from Les Schwab tires here in Washington,they refused to reinstall the Centramatics.... I was told by the manager that they have a policy against using wheel spacers or adapters...
I tried repeatedly to explain that the Centramatics are not wheel spacers but are wheel balancers... They would not budge regarding their policy. This is a large chain of tire stores and sell tires for big trucks all the time. I can't believe that they do not know the difference between tire balancers and spacers or adapters.
I don't think I'll buy any more tires from Les Schwab tires in the future.
I ended up going down the street to a truck repair place and paying them to install the Centramatics. (No air tools at home)
Before buying any new tires in the future I'll be sure to ask them about their policy regarding wheel balancers.
Sheriffbubba
Thanks for the heads-up I'll not be buying anything from a Les Schwab tire store again.
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote