Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2015, 11:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
WillandJane,
Well, when you get done shaking your head at all the advice, you'll realize that what has been stated about having Nexus inform you of the correct procedure is the ONLY way to go. It really doesn't matter what most of the other folks do and or, their procedure. I probably shouldn't say that but, there's always folks who "deviate" from written procedure on many operations.

While you state you haven't received or, seen the owners manual yet, I'm wondering, if you call Nexus, or, whomever your contact is for your new coach, and simply ask them for the maker of, and model of, your leveling system in your new coach. Then, if they don't have the capability of issuing you an owners manual, ahead of issuing you of the coach, maybe you can then look it up on line and or, maybe call the manufacturer of the leveling system that will be installed in your coach.

Maybe they can email you a copy of the operational procedures for the model of leveling system that is or, will be installed in your coach. That way, you'll know EXACTLY how it operates and, all related procedures.

Now, having said all that, I don't think that I've read, in any of the answers, the actual reason that most diesel, air bagged coaches, will CONTINUE to try and keep filling the bags, if the leveling system is being deployed AND, the engine is still running.

Based on the procedures outlined in the Operations and Trouble Shooting manuals I have for our HWH 625 Computer Controlled Automatic Leveling system, they explain that there are TWO methods of depleting the air bags, prior to the lowering of the jacks.

One method allows the engine to be kept running, the other specifically states that the engine be off and, the ignition be in either the "Start" or, the "ACC" position. And the main reason for keeping the engine off in one of the modes of leveling is because of the RIDE HEIGHT SENSORS.

If the wrong method of leveling is used, then as the bags are trying to be depleted, and the engine is left running, that means the ignition is on and, the ride height sensors will try and compensate for the incorrect measurement they see. When they see that, they will constantly try and re-fill the bags. So, that's why these things do what they do, in certain operations.

What you'd like to see as and operation and, what actually is called for, may be two different things here. But, only you and your owners manual will see for sure. I'm not sure how often these leveling systems change operations and procedures but, many have told you how "their" system works or, at least how they operate it. Will it be the same as yours? Who knows?
Scott
Thank you Scott, this by far was the best advice yet. Yes I could have asked my rep for the procedure though I have literally been in touch with him almost most twice weekly since the build started and coordinating almost at each step different things I wanted if it were possible to incorporate them so to veer from that and started asking exactly how things worked I thought would have been too much and I was wanting to be patient enough to wait till I get there. I was honestly looking for a consensus here in that as new as the coach is.....I am sure one of the procedures already given will be correct and I would have a vat of knowledge to build from unless there is something totally new they put in.

WDK

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2015, 11:37 PM   #30

"When we depart, I like to bring my slides in while still connected to power. Once they're in, I start the coach. While the coach is building air, I disconnect my power cord, water and sewer. About the time I'm done, I climb back in the coach and retract the jacks. If yours will work this way, I retract the jacks after the coach airs up because you don't get that sudden drop if you retract while the air is out. Typically, with the coach aired up, the jacks are off the ground and you don't even know or feel them retracting"......

Now that sounds sweet!!!

WDK

Old 08-04-2015, 03:02 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Let us know about your New MH. I cannot put the July issue of Fmca down. It looks like a beautiful MH for the price. I look forward to looking at their product. I would ask them all your questions regarding the set up. I always run my diesel engine when I am setting up and down.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:13 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
A couple of things we discovered...
IF you are using video to document your PDI (and that's an Excellent idea) make sure to 'break up' the video so it's not 2 hours long...
We were both recording and started and stopped the video after each 'system' so we could organize it later and find it easier...

If you mfg can give you a 'datacard' like we got with the monaco listing EVERY item/appliance/etc... it listed mfg, model, and serial number so I could download softcopies of ALL the manuals - a pc can search a LOT faster than I can - Ctrl-F is your friend !

all our manuals are on my pc, and tablet, and some on my iphone... but with google, many times you can find what you want easy enough 'out there' !

good luck and have fun - don't rush - don't assume you know it - it might be different for YOURS...
Old 08-05-2015, 06:52 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heber Eason View Post
Let us know about your New MH. I cannot put the July issue of Fmca down. It looks like a beautiful MH for the price. I look forward to looking at their product. I would ask them all your questions regarding the set up. I always run my diesel engine when I am setting up and down.
.....we had been discussing going full time for a while and did not want to do it with the Georgetown gasser we have....we wanted a diesel with the extra storage and pulling capacities and when we saw what kind of price the Bentley was....we were all in as few years ago we saw their top of the line Super C's at the Pamona RV show and were hooked on their quality but the super C with the cab was way to big.....NeXas offering factory direct saved us about 60 grand at the right size plus with talking with these guys and watching our coach being built, we think we the quality can rival some of the top brands in this range.....now the learning curve!!! We will keep you apprised when we get it.

WDK
Old 08-05-2015, 06:52 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
A couple of things we discovered...
IF you are using video to document your PDI (and that's an Excellent idea) make sure to 'break up' the video so it's not 2 hours long...
We were both recording and started and stopped the video after each 'system' so we could organize it later and find it easier...

If you mfg can give you a 'datacard' like we got with the monaco listing EVERY item/appliance/etc... it listed mfg, model, and serial number so I could download softcopies of ALL the manuals - a pc can search a LOT faster than I can - Ctrl-F is your friend !

all our manuals are on my pc, and tablet, and some on my iphone... but with google, many times you can find what you want easy enough 'out there' !

good luck and have fun - don't rush - don't assume you know it - it might be different for YOURS...
Great advice, thank you!!!!
Old 08-05-2015, 08:22 AM   #35

From the Owner's Manual that came with my Motor Home (Yours may be different):

AIR DUMP SYSTEM

The suspension system air bags must be deflated
before the motor home is leveled with the leveling
system. An "air dump" system is installed
on the suspension system to drain the air from
the suspension air bags.
A dual-position switch on the instrument panel
controls the air dump system. When the air bags
are deflated, the motor home will settle slightly
from normal ride height, and you may hear a
sound of rushing air. This is normal. After the
air bags are completely deflated, the leveling
system can be operated.
Be sure to set the air dump switch back to normal
position after retracting the leveling system,
and before attempting to drive away.
JumboJet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:42 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboJet2 View Post
From the Owner's Manual that came with my Motor Home (Yours may be different):

AIR DUMP SYSTEM

The suspension system air bags must be deflated
before the motor home is leveled with the leveling
system. An "air dump" system is installed
on the suspension system to drain the air from
the suspension air bags.
A dual-position switch on the instrument panel
controls the air dump system. When the air bags
are deflated, the motor home will settle slightly
from normal ride height, and you may hear a
sound of rushing air. This is normal. After the
air bags are completely deflated, the leveling
system can be operated.
Be sure to set the air dump switch back to normal
position after retracting the leveling system,
and before attempting to drive away.
It would seem here that you have to add that to your check list....ie inflate the bags before you drive off....this I am hoping would be automatic in that you cannot even put your coach in gear because of an interlock/safety system that would keep you from doing this.

WDK