Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
Hey, with that concept in mind hook up and go down to the local yacht club. Tell them you are ready to join. Reactions should be priceless lol

Yes, I love to be laughed at....should have been a clown.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane nutty View Post
Who cares. It's all about the people inside.
That's the case in point. The people inside are creating a "fantasy" about what they own. The dealers love it, because it jacks up their price when you call it a "Coach".

Old 09-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #129
laj

Just thought if you made it in I would try it with mine.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #130
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macpeety

That's the case in point. The people inside are creating a "fantasy" about what they own. The dealers love it, because it jacks up their price when you call it a "Coach".
Yep. I never thought that properly classifying a vehicle put the owners down. Guess some people thinks it does.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
Yep. I never thought that properly classifying a vehicle put the owners down. Guess some people thinks it does.
You are correct. IMHO it only makes the owner look small when they become a braggart with whatever they own. What's wrong with simply saying "I own an RV" no matter how small or large it might be. The coach or bus label is just a marketing gimmick to increase the price of the vehicle.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #132

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane nutty View Post
Who cares. It's all about the people inside.

Trailer = Recreational vehicle = manufactured housing = mobil home = camper

Motor home = Recreational vehicle =bus = coach = camper

They're all the same. There is some connotation (subjective cultural or emotional association) behind these words, but trying to find consensus on the meaning of these words is sort of pointless.

WARNING, HUMOR FOLLOWS: Case in point, would you rather be called a 'camper' or 'trailer trash'?? A 'bus driver' or a 'coach operator'? A 'full timer' or 'vagabond'? It's just words.

Marketers use the words to their advantage: Go price a screw or a hinge at a 'Yatch Chandler,' 'Coach Supplier,' 'RV Store,' or a 'Hardware store,' you'll see the connotation of words expressed in monetary ways.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post

They're all the same. There is some connotation (subjective cultural or emotional association) behind these words, but trying to find consensus on the meaning of these words is sort of pointless.

WARNING, HUMOR FOLLOWS: Case in point, would you rather be called a 'camper' or 'trailer trash'?? A 'bus driver' or a 'coach operator'? A 'full timer' or 'vagabond'? It's just words.

Marketers use the words to their advantage: Go price a screw or a hinge at a 'Yatch Chandler,' 'Coach Supplier,' 'RV Store,' or a 'Hardware store,' you'll see the connotation of words expressed in monetary ways.
Why not just "RVer", oh that wouldn't work because as you pointed out....there are different
Classes of camping. And you caveat that you are throwing "trailer trash" into the thread is hilareous. I'm gonna try that one. Anytime I want to step outside the decent forum rules on "hurtfull remarks", I'll just say it was "humorous". That's a new one. I'll give you one on creativity.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #134

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Good answer we are all human " We all Eat the same foods and share the same bathrooms at restaurants, all pay utility bills and everyone of us has had to work our way in this world to get where we are. Who's to say one person is better then the other or someones vehicle is better then the other persons. Whoever it is, i hope they enjoy what they have rich or not so fortunate in life. High priced vehicle or tent i know all sorts of people being from a ranch community some of the richest people i know have the least possesions in life. They are respectful and dont frown on people, but would give you the shirt off there back to help you. Also some of the richest people i know that are ranchers, would stop and help anyone no matter what there in and tip there hat at any woman or child that walks there way,respectful to every person in life. My wife and i would welcome anyone in our site you pull up next to us my wife is liable to cook you a meal right away sorry its just the way we are ,yah i will stand my ground when needed tho dont get the wrong idea. Most of the RVs,Coaches,TT,Buses,Rigs are all made from the same materials just different shapes and sizes AND DONT FORGET PRICES JUST THE QUALITY OF WORKMANSHIP AND TIME THATS IN THEM IS ALL THE DIFFERENCE,
The people that drive them started out in life like all of us on the bottle and in diapers,crawling,then walking,schooling, and then comes working marriage and kids. My wife cant make her mind up what to call it, TT one day, coach the next, DP the next, Elbino Elephant thingy the next,at the end of it all its still gonna be our home while we build our cabin.
Everyone enjoy what you have we cant take it with us when we leave this world our kids,friends,family,or the state,or even financial institutions get it. I love the Class A but dont want to be buried in it, you know what i mean. Maybe my children and grandchildren will enjoy it and personally they can call it what they want . MY DAUGHTER ,THE WAY SHE IS, IT WILL BE CALLED " THE OLD MANS RIG ,BUS ,RV, MOTORHOME THINGY". BUT SHE IS REAL SENTIMENTAL WHEN IT COMES TO ME ,MAN I LOVE THAT GIRL.
LUCKY TO HAVE A DAUGHTER LIKE HER.
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #135

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macpeety View Post
Why not just "RVer", oh that wouldn't work because as you pointed out....there are different
Classes of camping. And you caveat that you are throwing "trailer trash" into the thread is hilareous. I'm gonna try that one. Anytime I want to step outside the decent forum rules on "hurtfull remarks", I'll just say it was "humorous". That's a new one. I'll give you one on creativity.
What is there about equal signs that you interpreted as different? I said the words are all describing the same thing(denotation), but that people attach different values or meaning to some words that can change their attitude or impression about those things(connotation). People disagree on words when they have differing connotation. My humor caution seems to have been missed, I wasn't trying to sneak around forum guidelines because I wasn't calling anyone any of those terms, I was giving examples of connotation.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #136

On game day in Alabama, especially when the Crimson Tide is on !
Old 09-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #137

Quote:
What is there about equal signs that you interpreted as different? I said the words are all describing the same thing(denotation), but that people attach different values or meaning to some words that can change their attitude or impression about those things(connotation). People disagree on words when they have differing connotation. My humor caution seems to have been missed, I wasn't trying to sneak around forum guidelines because I wasn't calling anyone any of those terms, I was giving examples of connotation.

The next time someone wants to break a forum rule, then they can call it a "connotation".
Old 09-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #138

We all have different taste in what we use. It doesn't matter if it is a tent or a prevost. Same with what we can afford. I have met many great people while camping that were in tents and many that were in a very expensive class A. For me the important thing is that we make new friends and have a great time. Call my class A what you want but don't call me late to camp!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by koda59 View Post
We all have different taste in what we use. It doesn't matter if it is a tent or a prevost. Same with what we can afford. I have met many great people while camping that were in tents and many that were in a very expensive class A. For me the important thing is that we make new friends and have a great time. Call my class A what you want but don't call me late to camp!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #140

Wow! 139 and counting replies on such a simple question. Some with so much passion. I thought "camping", regardless of what it is in or what it is called was for the enjoyment and relaxation of getting away from such drama in life!

Tags
motorhome