Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2017, 03:27 PM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I'm still confused here! Are there A/C units with filters on top under the shroud that have to be changed or cleaned?
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2017, 04:04 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I'm still confused here! Are there A/C units with filters on top under the shroud that have to be changed or cleaned?
Hey Joe,

I'm not aware of any units with filters external to the coach. I believe all are referring to the foam filters located in the return air vent inside the coach.

Dave
Mr. Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:29 PM   #17
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dave View Post
Hey Joe,

I'm not aware of any units with filters external to the coach. I believe all are referring to the foam filters located in the return air vent inside the coach.

Dave

What threw me was his mention of "taking off the shroud" in post #4
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:07 PM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Filters

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but Google "6703-3303" and you'll get "about 1800 results" apparently. That's the part # for Coleman air filters. If not, as mentioned, you can buy A/C filters locally and cut to size.
borderboardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:48 PM   #19

If you have a rooftop AC unit that has ducted vents though out your coach, you do not have filters to wash. If your AC unit is not ducted, i.e. It blow down from the unit itself, then you do have the filters as shown in the above posts. Hope this helped.

2006 DUTCH STAR
CaptainDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:31 PM   #20

I have the roof top and do wash the two air filters. I know this is off the subject a little but my furnace in my MH does have floor vents and one air return. Does it have or need a filter for it? Thank- Jay-Ray
Old 05-17-2017, 10:38 PM   #21

Here's my 2 cents as a former 30 yr HVAC tech
Go to Walmart there you should find a woven nylon mesh filter that is glued to a plastic frame
Purchase one or two
Cut to fit
You might have to get inventive to secure it so it doesn't get sucked into the unit
Its not rocket science you'll figure it out
When it looks dirty wash it or toss it and start all over
I'd say you should be good for 2 months at least as the returns are up high and most of the dirt and dust is on the floor
Kennzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:40 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Ray View Post
I have the roof top and do wash the two air filters. I know this is off the subject a little but my furnace in my MH does have floor vents and one air return. Does it have or need a filter for it? Thank- Jay-Ray
It doesn't NEED one but it can't hurt install it on the back of the wooden grill where it draws it's air from they don't use one because there are no coils to get clogged, but the blower wheel certainly will pack up w dirt
Old 05-18-2017, 05:33 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
When you say "them " what are you referring to
Ok we also are trying to figure out what you guys are taking about..."Filters"! We take of the little cover grates INSIDE and clean those little foam sheets!!?! But is there another filter outside we need to clean by removing the black cover????
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Okay, thanks for the clarification. I thought you meant the inside Duct filters. Sorry, my Dometic Penquin do not have a filter element as such. I just take the covers off (four screws) and blow out the coils with my air hose. I assume yours are different.
Do you have a Make/Model of your AC units? With that you should be able to contact a dealer for a P/N for starters and go from there.
Palazzoteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:07 AM   #24

You should look for a. Better filter those sheets pretty much suck and trap almost nothing
Old 05-18-2017, 06:11 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennzz05 View Post
You should look for a. Better filter those sheets pretty much suck and trap almost nothing
You have a photo, Google pic or model number you use? Help us better understand what you're using!?
Palazzoteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:12 AM   #26

I'll look hang on
Old 05-18-2017, 06:16 AM   #27

WEB KHBWRAC WEB Electrostatic Filter for Room Air Conditioners

http://www.walmart.com/ip/WEB-KHBWRA...oners/49283204
Old 05-18-2017, 06:17 AM   #28

Something like that you just cut it to fit it's like 4times thicker then the one you are using
And it is also washable

Tags
ace, replace