Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #1

Where are house batteries in 2006 pace arrow 37 C

We can't find them..house batteries.........and also the inverter.
2006 pace arrow 37C...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
House batteries should be under the steps as you enter the unit,inverter is probably in a rear compartment.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
workhorse or ford chassis?
Old 04-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccook129 View Post
House batteries should be under the steps as you enter the unit,inverter is probably in a rear compartment.
Thank you very much
Old 04-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #5

Work Horse
Old 04-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't remember fleetwood ever putting batteries under the steps. I was a fleetwood tech. for 15 years. they always installed two 6 volt trojan batteries in series. The are in front of the radiator. Open the hood. Look down. You should see two brownish red batteries with three caps each. Remember all lead acid cells are two volts each. If you see three caps, it is 6 volts. 6 caps it's 12 volts. All three batteries are close to each other. The 12 volt is the chassis battery.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My 2002 Bounder 36U on Workhorse chassis has the 2 6v house batteries under the entry steps.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:29 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Helmutk. I think you just got me. I am 71 years old, and have been retired for a few years. I did not know that fleetwood had moved the batteries. This is the reason people should read all the posts. Sometimes the people who think they know, are wrong.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:02 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a 2004, 37 C, batts are under the steps. My converter is under the ironing board/washer dryer behind a fake heating grill. Looks imposable to get to!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:00 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Helmutk. I think you just got me. I am 71 years old, and have been retired for a few years. I did not know that fleetwood had moved the batteries. This is the reason people should read all the posts. Sometimes the people who think they know, are wrong.
No problem ga traveler. Was not trying to get you, just giving the location info with respect to my MH. This is my first MH so I am sure I know very little about battery and inverter locations in other coaches.
The RV builders do seem to move around much of the hardware locations between different models of the same year and from year to year. Plus, as is the case with an inverter and an older coach, the install may not be by the OEM builder and could be almost anywhere on the coach. I think normal inverter installs are usually near the house batteries though no necessarily in the same compartment.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my 2005 the converter is in the bedroom under the drawers. And the house batteries are under the steps.
High Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #12

Send a message via MSN to crazycam Send a message via Skype™ to crazycam
On my 2006 Pace Arrow 37C, batteries located under top step inside RV..two screws secure step plate in place. The inverter is located under the washer/dryer in bathroom. Vent in hall way just outside bathroom. To access either remove vent, or remove washer/dryer and take out the base plate under them. If no W&D, shud be a cabinet in lieu of..
Old 05-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by keikikat View Post
Work Horse
We found the batteries just like everyone said....they are under the "steps"....we checked them out and they are both charged and in tip top shape (to look at anyway). The inverter is in the first basement compartment just left of the stairs (when facing them). Since we have no house battery power and everything else appeared to be "hot"....we suspect we will have to replace the inverter. Any thoughts before we spend the money?
Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #14

Send a message via MSN to crazycam Send a message via Skype™ to crazycam
you mention batteries are ok..did you check the switch that shuts off power to coach...On my 06 pace arrow, switch is located on right side in cabinet above entry door. One switch is for the chassis, and one for the coach......