Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #15
Sometimes when you talk about a 40' vs a 42', you need to take a look at the true length. Example: in 2005 the monaco dynasty 40' is actually 40' 10" and the dynasty 42' is actually 41' 10". In reality, only 12" difference. May also be true in some other brands. After having the tag in our diamond IV and the ease of driving it, I don't think I could consider another coach without one. http://www.monacocoach.com/StaticFil.../05Dynasty.pdf

2008 Mobile Suites RE3/2004 F450 Chassis Cab
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #16
Originally Posted by rvgrammady View Post
I have a 35' Class A and now a Saturn Wagon toad. I have usually camped in Calif. and at KOA's.

Been on many Blogs people have 5th wheels etc & never say what campground or nati'l park, state park they stay in.

i was looking at NPS and got so frustrated on going to area, park, site etc.
Is there something I'm missing? Is there a simple way to find length restrictions?
Many state and federal (NFS, USFS, COE) parks are in www.reserveamerica.com and site lengths are usually given.

For my own curiosity I created a spreadsheet of all the state campgrounds that lists site lengths, what type of hookups are available, and how people rated them in Reviews of RV Parks and Campgrounds - RV Park Reviews. I'm doing the same for the federal parks.

Anyway, about 1/2 of all state parks have sites 40 feet and greater, and federal parks are looking similar. Keep in mind that state and federal parks can vary significantly state to state. For example, about 18% of California state parks have sites 40 feet and greater while in Louisiana 67% of state sites are 40 feet and greater.

2001 Mountain Aire DP 4095
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #17
National RV Owners Club
Not quite so easy in BC. Many provincial parks can accommodate the bigger rigs up to about 42' but often they may have 5-6 spaces out of 145 (as an example). Most of the sites can accommodate up 32. After that your options drop precipitously and booking for Provincial Campgrounds is a virtual certainty in peak season. Can't speak for other Provinces but many of the parks here were built in an earlier time when bigger rigs were far and few between.
1999 - National Tropi Cal
sirpurrcival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #18
Walmart can accommodate about anything on the road. And no reservations needed. I hate campgrounds where you are packed in like sardines, and can reach out and touch your neighbors. Have pulled through some and drove on too greener pastures. Sams Club, Home Depot or Lowes all beat a small tight campground IMHO.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #19
Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We shopped some RV Parks in the northwest and finaly settled on one, the lady seemed friendly and the pic's on line looked good, she assured me they would get us in--so off down the road we went--.
When we got there the park was circa1950, I think thats when the pictures were taken, OK I was'nt going to pass judgement yet, we parked on the street and walked in (it looked very small) the lady said "sure we can accomadate you", we will ask the trailer that was sharing the space to move, and we can pull through, then when we leave they would ask the people across to move so we could swing wide.
We ended up staying the night in a Flying J.
Some parks don't seem to know what a Big Rig is.
Don't pray for a blessing--Pray to be a blessing.
2006 Holiday Rambler Endavor 40 footer
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #20
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you have an android device, rvparky is really good. You can filter the results, has reviews and links to web reviews.

Terri & Maria, Staci, Penny, Bailey and Stacker(our Norwich Terriers)
2006 Damon Tuscany 4076
2013 Ford C-Max
tlkhorses is offline   Reply With Quote