Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2019, 08:03 PM   #1

Where do you get oil change done

We have just purchased a 2017 Winnebago Sunstar LX and love it. We are planning a road trip July and August out west and want to get the oil changed and oil changed in the generator. Called Camping World in Indianapolis and they say they don't do any chassis work, not even oil changes, filters, wipers, etc. They need to change their information on their website. Anyway, suggestions on where to take it. Since the Class A's are so tall they don't fit in a regular bay.
cloverpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2019, 08:19 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I do my own next to my house. Just changed the oil and filter Sunday.

Very easy to lift the front end with my levelers , put two safety jack stands under the frame and slide right under to drain it. Transmission fluid too.

Our waste disposal service takes used engine oil on trash day.

What engine do you have?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:26 PM   #3

In Indy try Mount Comfort Rv - off I70 next to Indy KOA. Also try RV mobil repair on google in Indy - stayed at Indy KOA for 2 wks just left 3 days ago, several MH campers had mobil RV repair come to the KOA, might not do oil changes there, but might have place to change your oil for you.
RM travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:29 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
I take our rig to a truck repair center. They do a great job. I would check for one in your area and call them.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #5

Without knowing the chassis manufacturer, it's hard to say who would service it. I'm guessing it's a Ford V10 gaser. If I didn't change my own oil, I would call the local ford truck dealer or repair shop that works on Fords. Changing your own oil is not very difficult. I'm sure "You Tube" will have a video that may help you.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:32 PM   #6

When we were on the road out west we discovered Les Schawb, a tire service facility and so much more, including oil changes. This company impressed me so much with their competence and customer service that I sure wish they were here in the Northeast.

I've included a link to a page that shows which of their shops offer oil changes. I don't work for or have any economic interest in Les Schawb. But I sure have had great service from them as a customer. Here's the link:

https://www.lesschwab.com/can-i-get-...-at-les-schwab

Good luck and maybe I'll see you down the road.
Notayurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:02 PM   #7

Most Masterlube places have s big bay for Big trucks, but they will do MH as well.
05 Dolphin #5342
Chuck Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:39 PM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If it's a diesel try Speedco
Old 06-13-2019, 05:12 AM   #9

Do a search on rvservicereviews.com. When I was in Phoenix for the winter I found Massey Diesel that way. I am a full timer. They had me stay at their facility with electric hookup the night before and started the work at 7:30 AM the next morning. Did both the motor and generator and were done later the same day. Cost was about $550 for the entire job.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:48 AM   #10

I am in Anderson, IN about 40 miles from Indianapolis. I take my MH to a shop that services school buses. They do not sell Shell Rotilla T, so I furnish the oil and CAT oil filter. They lub 29 fittings and check and top off all other fluids. I have them check and adjust air brakes as needed. Their charge is $95.00.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:19 AM   #11

When we were in the 45’ rig full timing we used a Mobil oil service to do rig. Cummins had 10 gallon pan. Was easier to set up once a year appointment. You may look at Walmart for your rig. They have tall doors at some locations to do straight trucks.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:27 AM   #12

Look for a Ford heavy truck service center.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:37 AM   #13

Being it's a gasoline engine, changing the oil is about the same as regular automobiles. If you already do your own changes on your other vehicles, then you shouldn't have any trouble doing it on the motorhome.

Oil change on the generator is fairly straight forward as well.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:22 AM   #14

The v10 ford engine is about as easy as it gets