Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Couldn't stand to have the rig uncovered all year what with all the rain we get. Have it stored under an RV port on gravel. Use tire covers on the sunny side. Tinted windows keeps the sun off of most of the interior.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave and Jaime View Post
Stored in underground caves in Kansas City. Covered and temperature remains between 60 and 65 degrees all year. No need to winterize. Secured.

KC has literally millions of square feet of limestone caves that are used for commercial warehousing/storage. They have roads that are wide enought for 2 semi's to pass each other. Almost anything can be (and is) stored in these caves.
Been there with my semi. Awesome caves!

Old 04-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Where? Just off the presses: in our hangar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2RV View Post
We currently live in Michigan. That being said, we built a pole barn exclusively to store our Class A Diesel when not in use - to protect it from the sun, snow and ice since we only use it 6 months out of the year...
DW and I live in a private community SW of Ft. Worth, on an airpark. No, not all of the community is an airpark, quite the opposite. Over 90% of our households have nothing to do with aviation. But, those of us with hangars beside our homes are at a distinct advantage, in RV terms. A recent arrival to the RV scene, I'd never imagined a Class A would be part of my future; so, my hangar RV door was way too small. For the last two weeks, I've cut out a new doorway in the building, and now our Fleetwood is indoors!!

Amazing, how much better Batgirl looks, indoors.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNeophytes2 View Post
DW and I live in a private community SW of Ft. Worth, on an airpark. No, not all of the community is an airpark, quite the opposite. Over 90% of our households have nothing to do with aviation. But, those of us with hangars beside our homes are at a distinct advantage, in RV terms. A recent arrival to the RV scene, I'd never imagined a Class A would be part of my future; so, my hangar RV door was way too small. For the last two weeks, I've cut out a new doorway in the building, and now our Fleetwood is indoors!!

Amazing, how much better Batgirl looks, indoors.
Pecan?????
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:49 AM   #33

Thor Owners Club
" We have an adult toy storage place in town, but it's a ways from our house and it's expensive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
So THATs where those discreet, plain brown wrapped packages come from!
I so wanted to go there..Thanx for being the brave one..Peace D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In the driveway - always ready to jump in and go go go.... (or put on the coveralls to work on it:>)
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #35

Wink

Our old Beast is parked on a flood plain about 85 miles from where we live on THE Tippecanoe River. It's being used as our weekend cabin year 'round. We have a couple of good neighbors keeping an eye on it and if it floods again, we'll just drive it off to our neighbors place. No cover, but it is parked on wood blocks. I figure as long as I keep the exterior finish up, it'll be OK!!!
Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We have ours parked on a gravel pad with full hookups behind the house we keep it covered in the winter with a cloth RV cover
Bob N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:18 PM   #37

We live in a townhouse, so no on-site storage option. We have used commercial storage lots for years with no problems, but some nearby vandalism and theft kept us worried and made me keep checking and paying my insurance. I posted a Craigslist ad to see if some local property owner was willing to host our coach for storage, and a lady who has a small acreage nearby responded. I am parking the coach beside her drive and it is pretty much out of sight from any roads, yet easily accessible, and a reasonable financial deal for both of us. I would love covered storage, but with the cost and the fact that our coach is in use 1/3 of the year, this is what we can do.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We had a steel building built. At first it was only going to be an RV port but we decided to go with enclosing it and put in a 14 foot door. We get some heavy wind and the sun can do a lot of damage.
High Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
We are in Wisconsin and still looking for indoor storage. Very hard to find once you get past 40ft. We are stored outside in a secure boat yard. Certainly not ideal. Also, I have opted for not covering, and waxing
2x per year. I have heard that with the gel coat exterior, covering may not be the best option if moisture stays underneath.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #40
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
We're in NE Minnesota by Lake Superior. I had a 15x40' garage with 14' door installed on an 5" thick 15x40' concrete slab. Since the motor home was never under shelter its first 6 years we wanted it to last a few more years so the garage was built. Now it is stored in this garage from November through April and between summer trips. The garage has 30 amp electrical, water and sewer (septic system).
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #41
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Here:

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060364 (Small).JPG
Views:	52
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	9616  
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #42
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Question Outside

We live in a Gated Community and the RV is parked and READY to go anytime. Of course I would like to find a covered storage spot.

TW

TW is offline   Reply With Quote