Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2014, 09:25 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Steve View Post
Sorry, I'm not on your side. Humans vs planet my money is on the planet. Of all the conservation practices we have employed in the last twenty years it's sad to see people paint farmers with a broad brush. PS most of those field tiles are cleaner than when you were a kid. Your just smarter than you were back then.
I'm wayyyy not against famers, and I don't think farmers practices are bad, I think the rest of the world is going to crap.

RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2014, 09:55 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
I'm wayyyy not against famers, and I don't think farmers practices are bad, I think the rest of the world is going to crap.
Agriculture uses 95% of the fresh water in the USA. Agriculture is also the biggest polluters of our water in the USA, due to herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers. And ground erosion due to farming. But we got to eat.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:01 PM   #31

Man will never destroy the earth, but due to natural evaluation, in time the earth may not be suitable for human life. It's happened before and it will happen again. We have not changed the climate one bit. It would change with or without humans. Nothing lasts forever.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
Hey I'm on YOUR side of this one, literally, humans are destroying the planet....
Ok, so... when are you going to trade that 40' Motorhome in on a little popup to tow behind the Subaru then? I think all of us here have pretty large carbon footprints.

I was hoping that when we towed our Prius behind the coach maybe that would offset the gallon of gas we burn every 7 miles or so
Old 01-27-2014, 10:53 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
haha, to bad they don't make electric motorhomes , you'd have to plug it in every 9 seconds, and burn 12 lumps of coal every second to charge it
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
Old 01-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Steve View Post
Sorry, I'm not on your side. Humans vs planet my money is on the planet. Of all the conservation practices we have employed in the last twenty years it's sad to see people paint farmers with a broad brush. PS most of those field tiles are cleaner than when you were a kid. Your just smarter than you were back then.
Actually I think more in terms of ranching than farming. Arkansas has a huge poultry industry. When the houses are emptied the chicken litter is spread on fields as a fertilizer for livestock to graze on the grass and to increase hay yield. There has been a lot of problems with the runoffs from fields getting into streams and lakes. At one point Arkansas passed a law against this which was vetoed by the current governor. Oklahoma had a lawsuit against this practice in federal court but I am not sure of the outcome. I am not saying anything bad about farmers but there are some practices that are designed to yield increased profits which are bad for the environment.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #35
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Your plan is great, but may not work as you think.

First.... you may chase around a small town for quite awhile before you find a place you can boondock, thus burning in fuel, the cost of a campground. This camp for free sites change all the time and its hard to know if the information is up to date and accurate.

Second....Do you carry a firearm or mind sleeping with one eye open. Does your wife get nervous in sketchy areas? Many of these free camp spots or large parking lots draw the low life who will either try to scam you or steal things from/off your coach at night.

I'm not trying to scare you, but be prepared for some of these issues. Boondock on the nights you feel you're in a safe area and stay in campgrounds when you need a good shower and water up.

When we travel without an itinerary, the night before our next stop, we check the are of our next stop with Streets and Trips and identify the campsites. We then use Campground Reviews to see their prices and which ones are best. We write down the top two choices and then the next day we call to see if they have any vacancies.

You can also join an Elks Lodge and camp for $10-$15.00 a night all over the country.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:41 PM   #36

Ford Super Duty Owner
I thought we were talking about where to top off the water tank
Old 01-29-2014, 09:37 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
You should have seen me at this little flying J the other day... to get to their water and dump, you had to go into the car section and go all the way around the pumps 180 to the other side...

I pulled into this tiny lot, and had to wait on the guy at PUMP #1 to get the heck out of my way so as not to swing into him,,,,, so as I'm waiting some other guy tries to leave in the left most spot I am consuming, he gets mad, yells at me and flips the bird... so pump #1 starts to pull out, and I start my right hand turn around the lot THROUGH the front parking spaces,.... which are empty UNTIL PUMP #1 parks in one of them... so I'm 4 feet from his car door... waiting, waiting, waiting, and all of a sudden he looks up ... OH CRAP there's a bus at my door... so what does he do... he backs up .. into the dump station lane!

So what did I do? ... 4 feet from his car, he realizes.. OH CRAP, there's a bus at my hood..

yes sir, please keep moving...

then I finally get in position, as best I could cause this is a big U right? so I couldn'g get very close to the dump otherwise I would have never been able to continue turning right to leave....

my sewer hose? 2 inches too short... IkaRumba... water reached though, then the dog puts the bus in reverse trying to look out the window....

'14 Ram 3500 Aisin

Tags
campground, water