Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2014, 08:25 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Where is my Antenna Booster Button?

Because my question elicited many replies, I thought I should start my own thread on this subject.

My last response to "Fire Up", was that I have the "Box of Many Buttons", which allows me to select "Antenna; Cable; Satellite; etc." in order to watch TV. Lately I have had "Snowy" pictures, when I use the Park's cable system. The Park hosts, tell me to turn off my Antenna Booster. However, I have not been able to locate the switch. After several replies of assistance, I am no closer to finding the booster. Maybe I just don't have one?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
Community Moderator

my booster is on the same panel as the "Box of Many Buttons", just next to it. the booster provides 12v power to jack the antenna. i installed jack myself so i know this for sure. if your jack is working, that means you do have a booster, hidden in somewhere.

btw, depending on if your cable is threaded on to the back of booster, if not, even though you turn off the booster, you will not have signal from cable. i found out my cable was not connected to booster because the satellite was using the cable-in, the cable was/is connected to satellite box directly.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
my booster is on the same panel as the "Box of Many Buttons", just next to it. the booster provides 12v power to jack the antenna. i installed jack myself so i know this for sure. if your jack is working, that means you do have a booster, hidden in somewhere.

btw, depending on if your cable is threaded on to the back of booster, if not, even though you turn off the booster, you will not have signal from cable. i found out my cable was not connected to booster because the satellite was using the cable-in, the cable was/is connected to satellite box directly.
Ok thanks. Looks like I have some more searching to do. I didn't have a problem with using the park Cable TV, until I installed the Jack antenna. Maybe my trouble is in the coax that runs from the wetbay compartment, to the button box.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
My boost button is hidden behind bomb box. I can just barely see the green light between two boxes. That being said I do not have to turn it off to get cable, whereas on the last rv it absolutely had to be off. What do you think of the Jack?
Old 04-23-2014, 10:13 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
My booster button is the first button on the left of my black box. Push it in and a red light comes on , push it again and the light goes off ! Hope this helps.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
On both my Fleetwoods, my 2012 Tioga and my 2005 Revolution, the black box itself contains the boost switch. By changing to Cable from Antenna, the boost turns off. There is no red light anymore.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:24 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
While I can't speak for Fleetwood, maybe this will help. On my current and previous two MHs, the antenna booster button was a very small button on a typical TV antenna wall plate. The button was right next to the connector where the TV antenna would be screwed into the plate, and had a small green light that would come on when the booster was turned on. In all 3 MHs (current Tiffin, previous Winnie Vista, and previous Thor Hurricane), that wall plate was in the front forward facing compartment over the front co-pilot seat. Even my Vista that came with a Jack antenna and it's own booster still had the booster button in the forward compartment that had to be turned on.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
While I can't speak for Fleetwood, maybe this will help. On my current and previous two MHs, the antenna booster button was a very small button on a typical TV antenna wall plate. The button was right next to the connector where the TV antenna would be screwed into the plate, and had a small green light that would come on when the booster was turned on. In all 3 MHs (current Tiffin, previous Winnie Vista, and previous Thor Hurricane), that wall plate was in the front forward facing compartment over the front co-pilot seat. Even my Vista that came with a Jack antenna and it's own booster still had the booster button in the forward compartment that had to be turned on.
DeWat
Mine is a different coach, with an antenna booster/amp switch on a "typical TV antenna wall plate", (with a different color light)... in different location.

Mine is in the ceiling of the upper cabinet immediately behind the driver's seat.

I'm sure the OP has one.......somewhere!

BTW, that is one of the many small phantom/parasitic battery draws that can be eliminated when not being used.

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:04 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The park manager is unaware of the box of many buttons.. HE only knows the wall plate..

However it is the button on the far left.. That will also disable other things

Suggesion. Check all connectors to make sure they are tight.

Exercise buttons several times.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:10 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow! there seem to be so many places where the button can be!. I have looked in the cabinet above the driver's position, but I have not seen any lights (red or green) that are not included in the VCR; the "Box of many Buttons" or on any wall plates! It must be included in the Box of many Buttons". I have replaced the old Analog TV, with a new Digital TV, so I know there are no wall plates, behind the TV. I can't find any buttons to push, that will turn the booster off! I'll keep looking, tomorrow and let you know of any progress. Thanks, for your help!
Old 04-23-2014, 06:58 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
Yep. That's where mine is located.
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
JRMEDPHYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:14 PM   #12

My booster is on the back (front) wall upper compartment above drivers seat. There is a white outlet on the right, a brown outlet (switched to turn off tv when trans is in drive) and left an outlet cover with the green light and a switch. Your park cable should not go thru the booster, just to the switch box. Did FW install your park cable connector in the wet bay like mine? If so, the connector gets corroded after a while and causes a snowy pix.
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:26 PM   #13
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripper View Post
It must be included in the "Box of many Buttons".
i doubt it. the booster is mostly made by winegard a few made by king controls. the "box of many buttons" is made by magnadyne, like this

i don't see the possibility of one in another. keep looking you will find it
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:34 AM   #14

On our Damon I decided to get the roof antenna working, tge cabling was all disconnected. Sussed out the cables and connected to tv, no picture, connected via box of many buttons, like that description, and all working, well after finding and reconnecting the 12 volt feed for the box of..., so our boost function must be built in, there is no boost face plate in the coach, and I've had the whole tv area apart as we upgraded the tv, added sound bar, blue ray etc etc

If you have 12 volt to the box of many buttons, try disconnecting it and retry your cable connection. Logically any power feed wont be required for function, it's a simple switching box, just in theory the antenna boost.
Dodgey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna