Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2018, 09:13 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Probably because their headquarters is in Atlanta.
Yes, of course. But in reality, they should present themselves as a regional weather channel. They certainly are not a national weather channel. When do they show any weather in the 49th and 50th states at all? And California is the most populous state yet all you hear about them is when there are fires. And when a big storm blows in from the Pacific, they describe it as "the next storm that will affect us here in the east". For half the country, their coverage is non-existent.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2018, 09:16 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCollins View Post
FatChance, in the news industry if it bleeds it leads. Pleasant warm weather doesn't sell like a nasty old storm.
So, you don't think the majority of their coverage over the next week or two will be about how it is warming up and how much more pleasant the weather is in the eastern half of the country?
Old 01-07-2018, 09:26 AM   #17

Glad they don't cover out here a lot......Be more SHADE then we could possibly stand!....lol.......was 78 yesterday...( not leaking any more info here)
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:51 AM   #18

Yeah, I guess the last thing anyone wants is to see Jim Cantore setting up for a live shot in your own town...
Old 01-07-2018, 03:05 PM   #19
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We would like to see some weather in the west. Summer/Fall just won't end. We start to get into the high 60's low 70's and then a week of 80's comes along. Suppose to get rain over the next two days.....finally.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:10 PM   #20

You want winter? My friend is up to ears in it up in Montana. For me, I could without all that cold and snow; it gets in the way of riding my motorcycle.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:20 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
We would like to see some weather in the west. Summer/Fall just won't end. We start to get into the high 60's low 70's and then a week of 80's comes along. Suppose to get rain over the next two days.....finally.
Come on over to Pa Don.......2 weeks of zero or below for 2 weeks now
I have full hookups for ya and shovels :
Old 01-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
I guess my issue is that the Weather Channel and national media only report on eastern US weather. We apparently don't have any weather in this half of the country. The Weather Channel spends more time covering the weather in just the city of Atlanta than the entire western US. How many of you have seen ANY coverage of the warm, dry western weather anywhere on TV?

9:30pm at 7000' and it is 48* outside!
Let's face it, your weather is boring.

Down here in southeast Texas, it's been a colder than usual winter so far. We actually had snow that we could play in one day and another day that a few flakes fell. Had 5 nights in a row of below freezing weather last week which is the most that i can ever remember having in a season. Heck, for the first time in 40 something years, i almost thought about winterizing the rig.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:03 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
We are full-timers in Flagstaff, at 7000' elevation. Last year there was over 6' of snow and single digit lows. So far this winter, we have 0.1" of snow and the highs have mostly been in the mid to upper 50s, with several days in the low 60s in the last week or two. Basically no precipitation in three months or any cold weather since last winter. It might be cool and rain a little Tuesday, but then dry and back up near 60 by the end of the week. No sign of snow or cold weather in the long range forecast.

I hear there is some cool weather back east, but is winter going to be a total no-show this year? Maybe because I bought two new snow shovels last fall?
We borrowed it from you for a while. Would love to send it back, just need your forwarding address!!!! Till then, I am wearing long johns!

Regards.

Chuck
Old 01-08-2018, 10:04 AM   #24

I believe it is off the coast of California as I write. Snow down to 4,000' with 6" of rain expected in lower elevations.

Heading your way!
JumboJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:15 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Los Angeles is seeing today its first real rain in months.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:05 AM   #26
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I spoke to my brother last night, who lives in Virginia and frequently flies coast to coast......he said al he could see yesterday during his flight was WHITE. The normal landmarks were all covered and only a few were distinguishable.

Now if we could take all that snow and funnel the water to California would be great.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:08 AM   #27

the ONLY snow we've ever seen in Arizona was in FLAGSTAFF!!!

"what you talkin' about, Willis??" : )
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:12 PM   #28

Not this year!

Tags
winter