Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-15-2013, 04:32 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
where to buy rv parts

I have a 2000 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 34 ft 260hp Cummings dp. I am looking for a parts catalog or a place to buy stuff like a/c vents that look genric and other plastic and general rv parts.

Bruce and Carolyn, Sissy, Sammy
2005 Monaco Diplomat M-40PAQ
400ISL Cummins CMSGT ret
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2013, 04:44 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here's a link to some past threads which should give you a good start.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by maxwell18 View Post
I have a 2000 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 34 ft 260hp Cummings dp. I am looking for a parts catalog or a place to buy stuff like a/c vents that look genric and other plastic and general rv parts.
North Trail RV has a large catalog. PPL in Texas has a large catalog. I have one of each. Lots of stuff in both. Online stores for both places are also good. Google RV parts, you will get a multitude of sites to visit.. Good luck.
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #4
Appalachian Campers
RV Upgrades: Motorhome Accessories, Camper Parts & Supplies Sponsor here on iRV2 and nice folks to deal with. Better prices than CW
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #5
I agree with RV Upgrades. I have used them and they are great to work with; helpful but not pushy!
bobsea43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #6
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by bobsea43 View Post
I agree with RV Upgrades. I have used them and they are great to work with; helpful but not pushy!
2008 Dutchmen 31F, E450, 6.8 V10, Blue Ox, ReadyBrake - 2013 Honda Fit Toad
hosenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
We've had good luck with RV Upgrades, I also look for the sales at Camping World, for more general RV items.

About 6 months ago, I decided I needed to change where I went for local parts and service as the previous business had really started to fumble on too many things. Some cost me money that it should not have, but more important, the shop made some serious mistakes that impacted safety, extreme safety ramfications on two services. So game over for them.

My research of the businesses I'd be willing to drive to from San Diego area, let me to Temecula Valley RV. They came referred from multiple sources. I was swapping out the full inverter and related components to go to Pure Sine Wave, and started working with TVRV on pricing. I first shopped online at the normal Google searches, Amazon, etc. and came up with a price point that I wanted to target for all of these expensive components. I then asked TVRV if they could get close to these prices. I was pleasantly surprised that they're prices were very competitive with what I had found. (See Note below on this.) Motorhome Parts and Trailer Parts from Temecula Valley RV Parts

I now have a new repair and parts location for local service, two thumbs up for Temecula Valley RV. Outstanding service, communication was very good, and the owner is a 'hand's on' owner, that amazed my wife and I in his involvement in so many areas. (Not micro managing his crew, as he and his wife have built a solid crew. It is his zest for all things RV, and personal pride, and seemingly unending energy - that keeps him involved.) (Guys not a review, sorry, I will update RV Service Review soon on my all up ratings.... I got carried away.)

I wish all of you luck on your parts shopping.

Now for my Note on Parts Shopping, for all things, not just RV parts.

IMO, it is very important that Sticks & Bricks businesses remain strong and viable. In California we have some pretty high sales tax, it is very hard for them to compete with those internet businesses that do not need to collet those sales taxes. Think about it, if a business can not stay strong and balanced in operation. Where will you take your RV for service if they are not around? So, whenever I'm doing shopping for parts, I give the business to local businesses if they can get within a reasonable range of my best online price investigations. Labor Rates are another area of concern in California, as the cost of business is soo much higher due to all of the many, many regulations and 'junk' fees on businesses (not going political here, stating a fact). So I do the same thing when shopping for services. To me, quality of workmanship is the number one factor. I'll pay 10-15% more for a shop that I know has quality workmanship (and, I leave shops where the quality is not where it belongs, or has fallen from staff turnover).

OK - Done with my comments, just wanted to share my perceptions of looking at the total big pictures when considering both parts and services... And like everyone, SURE I LIKE A DEAL too!

Be safe, have fun,
Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #8
Monaco Owners Club
Someone else just asked this same question a few days ago. Here is the link to that discussion:
RV Equipment and Parts Online - Where to go?

Thom and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV. Towing a Fiat 500 Abarth and a Harley.
Our blogged repairs and travels
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote

holiday rambler