Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2016, 05:46 PM   #1

Where to get RV Service and Winterization in Louisville KY

I am looking for an RV Service Center to do my winterization in Louisville KY. Does anyone know of an RV Service Center in my area?

Thanks in advance for any help -- very new to RVing and looking for all the help I can get.

Debbie
2013 Itasca Sunova 30A
DWild1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2016, 09:51 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You can save a few bucks if you are somewhat handy. All you need is an air compressor and the correct fittings from camping world to blow out the water system. There may be a procedure in the owners manual for doing it. Oh yeah, a gallon of RV anit-freeze also.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:52 AM   #3

Debbie,

I agree with below. You need to become familiar with your motorhome since it's more economical then being a "Checkbook Mechanic". However, there is Tom Stinnett Derby City RV | Clarksville, Indiana | stinnettrv.com just across the river at exit #1 on I 65.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
You can save a few bucks if you are somewhat handy. All you need is an air compressor and the correct fittings from camping world to blow out the water system. There may be a procedure in the owners manual for doing it. Oh yeah, a gallon of RV anit-freeze also.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:49 AM   #4

This is my first RV and although I am sure that I "could" do it, I didn't want to fool with it, especially this first time. I have read some articles and think it is something I could do (although I do not have an air compressor).

George - I knew about Stinnett's and Northside RV there in Lexington is where we bought the RV. I was hoping to find another RV Service place here in Louisville, but maybe Stinnett's is the only one within a 75 mile radius !
Old 11-21-2016, 08:55 AM   #5

Whoever you choose to do the work, you'd want to first check the reviews for your area at RVServiceReviews.

Might get some leads on mobile service companies in your area using Google or that link above. I've found RV mobile service type companies to be very economical.

Whatever you do, avoid Camping World.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 11:15 AM   #6

one other olace i would recommend is cunningham campers at the junction of hamiton pkwy and hwy 62. done lots of business with them and highly recommend
kytruckerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #7

It looks like they are moving from Jeffersonville to Clarksville:

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisvill...ushed-one.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytruckerman View Post
one other place i would recommend is cunningham campers at the junction of hamiton pkwy and hwy 62. done lots of business with them and highly recommend
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:54 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Louisville RV Center on the Outer Loop !
Old 12-06-2016, 11:05 PM   #9

Well, I finally just sucked it up and did it myself. Used 2 gallons of RV antifreeze and followed the instructions in my manual. Took a little longer than it should have because I didn't know where anything was (water heater by-pass, water heater drain, winterization hose that connect to the water pump). But I did find everything and got it done in one afternoon.

dav-cle: Have you used Louisville RV Center? And how was your experience. I will probably still need service at some point and would like to find a Louisville area place that does good, dependable work.

Thanks for the comments,
Deb
Old 12-08-2016, 08:19 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWild1 View Post
Well, I finally just sucked it up and did it myself. Used 2 gallons of RV antifreeze and followed the instructions in my manual. Took a little longer than it should have because I didn't know where anything was (water heater by-pass, water heater drain, winterization hose that connect to the water pump). But I did find everything and got it done in one afternoon.

dav-cle: Have you used Louisville RV Center? And how was your experience. I will probably still need service at some point and would like to find a Louisville area place that does good, dependable work.

Thanks for the comments,
Deb
It's been a few years since I have used them! The only complaint I have was that you had to leave the RV there until your spot comes up! You couldn't make an appointment and bring the RV in on that day.It's not my idea of having fun, leaving my unit in an enclosed parking lot for who knows how long> There is a mobile service in the Louisville area that I see sometimes but the name escapes me ! I try to do what service I can, until I get stumped and then I turn it over to the pros !

Tags
service, winter