Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #15

Not near Denver, but I have always been taken care of at Pikes Peak Travelland in Colorado Springs!
Funrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #16

The big RV show at the convention center is only about 4 weeks away. Find what you like there and then shop online for price.
denverhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #17

I would try Nolan's RV on Federal Blvd. at about 70th Ave. I have used them for parts for years. We looked for a used class A for two years, had cards from 80 dealers, left info on what we wanted with most of them. Only two salesmen ever called us back to say they had something close to what we wanted. One of them was at Nolan's. His nickname on his card was "the Frenchman". We ended up buying from a private party in Texas, but I was impressed that he did try to meet our needs. I wish you luck, HarveyP

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #18

Have to agree with most of the posts here about Colorado Class A dealers. We also looked around the area for quite some time and were just fed up with all the crap we were handed.
I would definitely stay away from RV America in Loveland....straight out crooks. We had a contract in hand and they sold the unit from underneath us. We were guessing the other buyers offered more. Wasn't worth our time to take matter to court. We just walked and make sure we tell everyone we can about our experience.
KCRV didn't really seem interested in a customer unless your planning on dropping over a 100K.
Century RV is extremely overpriced, as is Johnson RV.
We did have some good experiences with TT's. We bought our first one from Ketelsen in Arvada. Great folks. Our 2nd we bought from The Great Outdoors RV in Evans. They were even better.
When we finally got into our Class A we bought from a private party in Portland.
We also like PPL and just about bought our coach from them, but discovered it was too tall and would not fit into our shop. Would try them again in the future. They were most helpful and not a bit pushy.
Good luck in your search. Take your time and look everywhere. We are sure glad we did.
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to HotMech
Sad to hear that Co. dealers are such a bunch of crooks. bought all my Rv's from Nolans, Had a good salesman the 1st time, and bought again and agian, from only him. Now they have totally restructured, no more Winnebago dealership, , and my salesman is now a shop tech, go figure. good thng I'm not in the market for aother RV.
K.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would advise you to stay away from Camping World, especially K and C. We made the mistake. Steve Casey is supposed to be pretty good to deal with, out west on I-70. Best of Luck.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I second pikes peak traveland, but I don't think they have a very good DP inventory, but mostly class C and trailers. I have used them for house issues in the past, but no buying transactions.

There is a dealer here in CS called gateway rv. Check out their website. They have a pretty decent inventory in your price range and I have been on the lot browsing a couple times. They don't have any rookies that I have seen. The people that I have talked to seem very competent. So, if you are looking to buy in colorado and pay too much in taxes and plates (like me), you might check them out.
zacktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #22

Thanks for all the feedback. It is scary. It's a lot of money to us and if you cant trust the dealers in your area then what. If we were to travel to a place like PPL you almost feel like you have to find something as A) You have traveled all the way from Denver and at some cost and B) Where else are you gonna go if this does not work out? We were really hoping that local dealers would meet the challenge but it does not sound like it.
osgoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
KC - Once was a GREAT dealer. After 1997 and now they went down the tubes. Camping World sucks there, don't waste your time.

RV America - I have found 3 coaches that met my wants, I took notes on all of them and came home and Googled them all, found same units for sale in Texas, near Houston and Dallas for average of $25K less.

There is one place here in Loveland, on 402. It used to be AWESOME but the guy that owned it divorced and sold it. I haven't bought a unit there since because they sell TT mostly. We did use them for the service department and was VERY PLEASED with them on the service to Pace Arrow we also have. Which by the way we bought at KC in 2010. There was a salesman at KC who was great, in fact when I called about the PA he flat out told me he would not sell me that unit because he would not trust it's reliabilty. Then I showed up with me DH who is a mechanic by trade, and we bought the unit for half what they were asking. Now it sits in storage all detailed and ready for the next owner because I didn't like after we put a couple thousand miles on it.

I bought a DP, but only after finding on Craiglists before I was planning to head to Houston to get one.

I took my DP in to RVAmerica the 15th of Oct, told them no hurry and gave them a list of my picky wanna have them fixed. The guy at the service counter is Jim and you would want to AVOID the idiot and go to Jamie she's much better. She will not hesitate to call in the manger Marty, who so far has been wonderful with us.

I will update on their work when I get the unit back. So far though, I would say they are good in terms of throughly checking out my issues on the rig. They did discover my CAT eng has had 5 updates since it was manufactured, and not one of those updates have been done. So Tuesday I will go get it and take it to CAT for updating at $122. Then return it to RVAmerica to finish up on the rest. While I had the coach at RVA I decided to have all the 50K stuff done so I will be good for travel in a couple of months.

Check out Cheyenne for Sales, they often have much better deals there as well. Trust me when I say, its worth a trip to Texas. As for AZ, especially in Mesa... the ex and I went there every winter for a few years and we were dealing on a unit and found them to be overly priced which may have been because of the winter months and snowbirds in the area.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #24

Thanks for the feedback Kay. If I could summarize all the replies to my question I would say:

A) No dealer in colorado is worth a damn
B) PPL is the best place to buy

Its too bad that this is the case but it is what it is.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #25

Follow up

My wife and I finally had time to get to RV America in Loveland. We talked to a sale agent named Robert. Nice guy, not pushy but did nothing more than answer our questions and point out a few units in our price range. When we walked around outside we stumbled across a 2005 Itasca Suncruiser 37B. The unit was in very good condition and had the Banks package. What my DW really liked is that the back bedroom had a built in desk. She does small business accounting and would be able to work from that desk. The tires need to be replaced but other than that, the coach had pretty much all we were looking for. We went back to get more details and the price. It's a consignment unit and they are asking 72,500. From my comparison shopping, I think the price should be more around 60K. I appreciate any thoughts on this model, pricing, etc.

Thanks