Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #1

Where to look in Denver area

My wife and I just moved to the Denver area and are looking for recommendations on dealers in our general area that you have dealt with and would recommend. We stopped by Camping World north of Denver on I-25 and were less than impressed.

Thanks!
osgoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #2

Hi, welcome to the forum....
I live in Greeley and just purchased a coach from RVAmerica in Loveland. Talk to Kevin.....there is also K and C RV in Longmont. They are part of camping world. I have not been to dealer in Denver so I can't compare, but my sister bought a TT from them and were happy. There is Transwest RV in Fredrick near Longmont just off of I 25. Talk to Wade. Century RV is on the same frontage road but small one man shop with older coaches. They did have quite a few travel trailers etc. Good luck and PM me if you need further info.
Shar
sharmanrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #3

Brand preference? New or used? It would depend on what you were looking for. I thought CW had a pretty good inventory, so what about CW did not impress you?
I'm not sure you will get the best price in the Denver area, so if price is your driver, then you may need to broaden your search area.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by two2go View Post
Brand preference? New or used? It would depend on what you were looking for. I thought CW had a pretty good inventory, so what about CW did not impress you?
I'm not sure you will get the best price in the Denver area, so if price is your driver, then you may need to broaden your search area.
We are looking for a used gas or DP (price dependent) in the 50 - 75k range. We will begin our full time adventure in 2013.

As far as Camping World impressions and I believe it was K & C, we were met by a 20 year old who knew less than we did about MH's. He could not find the generator on one unit and told us so many incorrect things that we stopped listening to him. Another salesman stepped in and told us he had a unit on the sales floor that would meet our needs for around 70K. When we went inside, the young gun took us to a Super C with a sticker in the window of 167K. When we questioned this he said "They are really looking to sell this one and are discounting ". The other salesman came in to save him but then said he did not have it on the floor but might get one that fit our needs.

Soooo overall, not impressed.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #5

I understand your frustrations. I know that RV america has several in your price range....( I drooled on them... sigh...lol) overall I to felt they were friendlier and more knowledgeable. They have more inventory. IMHO give them a call.
sharmanrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #6

What you experienced at KCRV is what you will experience with just about every RV dealer in CO, and I would know as I have been to them all. Been shopping for an RV for a little over 2 years. Every place I stepped foot into made me feel like I was dealing with a used car salesman. Prices are extremely inflated and you are expected to sit around all day so that they can wear you down by going back and forth haggling the price.

If you want my honest opinion, I would look at http://www.pplmotorhomes.com or http://www.mhsrv.com. Both are located in Texas. Although I wound up buying my in-laws Class A diesel pusher (I know, bad decision and probably would've gotten a better deal from a dealer in all honesty), both were very pleasant to deal with and acted more like a consultant than a salesman.

PPL Motorhomes in particular, will have more of what you're looking for and within your budget as they are really nothing more than a consignment shop. Shop online first and if you see something you like, call them. They will send you tons of info and if things look good, it's worth it in my opinion to take a trip out there to see it in person IF you are prepared to buy.
w1kk3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Pedata RV and La Mesa RV in Tucson also have a large inventory of good used RVs like PPL in Texas. They may help with transportation down if you are a serious buyer. They will do live video tours for you when you narrow down your selection.

PPLs "sold list" is very useful for comparing actual sales prices of RVs. The RV Consumer Group "Ratings Guide" is well worth the money to explain RV values, safety, and driving roadability.
rogerkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #8

Stay away from Gateway RV in Colorado Springs!!! Story telling bunch of Bandits.
2003 34FDDS Alpine Banks 430hp #74869
Viola, Idaho 3rd Armored Cav & 3rd Infantry Division
tiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I could recommend Bill at National Indoor Rv Storage at Lewisville Texas.
I sold him an honest 2001 Monaco Dynasty. He was genuinely interested in any problems it had which were none. Happy to pay the NADA wholesale price and I believe wouldnt touch you up on a sale.
I store my new motorhome with them. They care about their clients and their reputation
From what I've seen over the last 2 yrs I couldn't fault them.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #10

Thanks to all for the feedback. We are looking at PPL online and will stop in RV America this weekend.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by osgoor View Post
Thanks to all for the feedback. We are looking at PPL online and will stop in RV America this weekend.
If you go to the RV America in Aurora, ask for Kathy Wong. She was really nice. Just make sure you do your homework because like I said, they sure like to inflate their list prices!
w1kk3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #12

I am looking for a motorcycle. Was looking at the Ace Motorcycle page in Fort Collins. They have a nice low mileage Newmar (Used Motorcycles for Sale | ATV's for Sale | Bikes for Sale in Fort Collins, CO | A.C.E.S.). Made me look and think...!
I have zero affiliation - just thought this was a good deal.
S2kskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
go to oodle.com and plug in what you like
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's sad to say but I have'nt found an RV dealer in CO that I would recommend. And not their service depts either. But I have found 2 good mobil RV repairmen. Still high but not near as bad as dealers; and they fix it right the first time without breaking a few other things.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote