Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2015, 02:29 AM   #15

A park it is then. I guess for the past nine months no one seemed to care about me parking on the street in front of my house. Looks like the police here turn a blind eye until someone complains. Got to love them neighbors huh!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2015, 04:08 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
You are between a rock and a hard spot. Where I used to live we had local ordinances that stated you could park nothing over 24 feet (I think it was that length ... I was 32 and that was definitely to long.) When I got ready to purchase that MH I went to the one neighbor that I felt it would physically concern and they were fine with it. At that point I knew I would be taking a chance with the city, but I also knew that someone would have to complain before the police would get involved. I was fine and experienced no problems.

You didn't really need that story but my point is that if there are no laws restricting the parking of your MH then there are no issues. You'll always have neighbors who are upset about something. On the other hand if they have a legal reason to complain then you are the loser. Fighting with them can and will be a losing battle. Just one of those things you should have checked on BEFORE you purchased it with no place to park it. There are always options. You just need to find the one that works best for you.

Good luck.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:44 AM   #17

I can't store my MH at my house. I understood that when I moved in. It's not a public street, so the parking situation is totally subject to HOA rules. That being said, the night before we take a trip I park my rig either in the street or backed in my driveway (barely fits, sticks out into the street about 6 inches and blocks the sidewalk). Have yet to hear a peep from any neighbors. Only comments I've gotten were from people who are considering buying one and I give anyone interested a tour.

I'm lucky to have a reasonably priced storage facility less than two miles from my house.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:50 AM   #18
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
It's all pretty clear. Storage is a cost of ownership. You obviously can't store it at home so you either have to pay the storage or take the loss selling it.

It's not your neighbor's fault for expecting you to abide by the ordinances, you should have considered where you could legally store it before you purchased it.

Cheers!
Ditto that.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:37 AM   #19

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I did a lot of research before buying my coach.

Code was a big one. I can't have anything longer than 36' parked at all on the property.

My coach is 32' and I park it on the solid rock drive in the back yard, out away from any code violations. (nothing on the front 5' of the lot)

I also asked my next door neighbors on both sides would it bother them to see it, they both said no and were very nice about it.

So I had the spot already ready when I bought the coach, but I did have to widen the mouth of my driveway at the street because it was too tight to back the coach in to.

One more thing, MOST neighbors are JEALOUS or ENVIOUS and act on those emotions when being nasty about RVs on streets. I see may folks that don't have a clue how much and many years of work and sacrifice I/we have had/made to buy an RV, nor how much it takes to maintain them. They think it's just a handout from above. Not all folks are like that, but there are plenty out there that think that.

Best wishes and keep us posted on your events.

btw, the worse problem I've had with code compliance is the Tree Canopies over the streets are supposed to be at least 13' above the street, and I don't see many homeowners in my neighborhood or closeby neighborhoods that have even a 6' clearance. Our city needs to be out enforcing those tree clearance laws for sure, but I don't complain because I don't care if its not on my street and not affecting my coach (I have my neighbors trees trimmed in order to keep them off my coach when going and coming)