Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #15

Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
KZ RV Club
Last summer I hit a regular truck wash up in NJ. They charged me about $80.00 all in to do the 5'er and truck while I went for breakfast. Well worth it to me.

Quite a few truck stops have a wash service as well. If you have a CB in the rig, jump on channel 19 and ask around.

DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #16

Sorry, didn't mean to try and highjack tread. We are not rv'ers this is our 1st go at this in our life.So we have only stayed a total of about 22 or so days in campground. Now my point bout 2 wks ago we got back from breeze oaks campground in Bushnell FL. and those people encouraged people to wash their M/H even had a place set up to do so @ no charge(or you could wash it at your site).will we find this to be the norm? This I know seem silly to ask but you don't know ,you don't know.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #17

If you are heading south into Texas, take I-35 south to Denton and stay on 35E. Destiny RV park in Denton has a do it yourself RV spray wash for RV's with elevated walkways on both sides so you can get up to roof height safely and wash any size RV. I used to use it regularly when I lived in Denton. You don't need to be staying at the park to use the RV wash, and you can do it yourself for about $10 if you're quick, and the coach isn't too dirty.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #18

I use a local Truck America wash for my Class A. They charge $60 for the wash which is by hand. Includes hot wax treatment and spot free rinse. They do a good job of getting off the bugs and grime. A local car wash for a car will cost $17 bucks, so $60 doesn't seeem bad to me.
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRELL View Post
Sorry, didn't mean to try and highjack tread. We are not rv'ers this is our 1st go at this in our life.So we have only stayed a total of about 22 or so days in campground. Now my point bout 2 wks ago we got back from breeze oaks campground in Bushnell FL. and those people encouraged people to wash their M/H even had a place set up to do so @ no charge(or you could wash it at your site).will we find this to be the norm? This I know seem silly to ask but you don't know ,you don't know.
No, I don't believe you'll find that to be the norm. They do exist, but my experience is that they are in a small minority... especially out west where water is at a premium.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric n Karen View Post
If you are heading south into Texas, take I-35 south to Denton and stay on 35E. Destiny RV park in Denton has a do it yourself RV spray wash for RV's with elevated walkways on both sides so you can get up to roof height safely and wash any size RV. I used to use it regularly when I lived in Denton. You don't need to be staying at the park to use the RV wash, and you can do it yourself for about $10 if you're quick, and the coach isn't too dirty.
Headed South? I live about 90 miles South of Denton. I was actually just North of there when I started this thread. Thanks for the info. Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdownman View Post
I use a local Truck America wash for my Class A. They charge $60 for the wash which is by hand. Includes hot wax treatment and spot free rinse. They do a good job of getting off the bugs and grime. A local car wash for a car will cost $17 bucks, so $60 doesn't seeem bad to me.
$60 ain't bad at all! I have a few TAs pretty close to me. They are actually a customer of mine.

After reading all the different responses I don't feel like such a dumba**. lol I do feel a bit more enlightened though. Thanks for all the responses. Keep 'em coming.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Try this NTTS Truck Repair
or a simple Google search for your area.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #22

Our local Blue Beacon car wash in Denver charges me $37.50. Granted, it's pressure washing and not by hand, it's still a heck of a deal in my opinion. I spend at least that using the coin operated car washes.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Try this NTTS Truck Repair
or a simple Google search for your area.
Best response yet. Found a Blue Beacon that's 25 miles from the house and it's open 24/7. Best part....$35.00! That includes Rain-X and a spot free rinse?
SNAPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
My understanding is that many of the big truck stops have a wash service
and the going rate is one dollar per foot of length.

Who has tried that option?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
For all the big places in and around truck stops, one dollar a foot is pretty standard. $40 for my 40 foot MH.... I'd did all the DIY stuff when I was young, this is why I saved my money.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #26

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanko View Post
I carry an 8 ft ladder, all the buckets, mitts soaps and leaf blower. I sneak out side early,early at the camp ground, before the campground Nazi wakes up. brushy brushy, rinsey,rinsey
I was following your thinking....until the leaf blower. I understand you wanted to get the water out of all the nooks and crannies...but your neighbors must have HATED you! Leaf blower early in the morning? They must have thought they were back in their stick houses will all the windows open!

Mark
Old 11-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSJC View Post
I was following your thinking....until the leaf blower. I understand you wanted to get the water out of all the nooks and crannies...but your neighbors must have HATED you! Leaf blower early in the morning? They must have thought they were back in their stick houses will all the windows open!

Mark

electric leaf blower dude, dont make much racket
Old 11-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Look up (Google/Yellow Pages) Mobile Wash. THey come to you and do it all. Most charge by the foot and prices vary from area to area. I've paid $250.00 in TX to $575.00 in CA.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote