Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2016, 02:33 PM   #15

Where to wash/wax?

One rain squall while on the road and your back to square 1. Mine stays in square 1 most of the time.
I cannot physically do the task, and honestly hate it anyway.
Blue Beacon is great for most of the year. $120 for a hand wash/wax in southern AZ is an annual thing.
My rig is not a gem, has no glitz, no disco ball nor stripper pole. It's home!
And my OCD only kicks in when cooking bacon!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2016, 02:34 PM   #16

Don't have all the knowledge as the ones who've posted, but for getting it washed check out truck stops. Lots of them offer truck washing and that works for MH too.
jmzumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:35 PM   #17

I do my own washing but have talked to others who have their rigs washed by mobile outfits in the RV park. One guy got his toy hauler, roof and awning washed for $100. Washer did a great job.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:11 PM   #18
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
Be very cautious of mobile detailers - I have observed some decent ones, and seen one pretty much wreck a paint job in a single wash. If you go that route, watch them, don't disappear. The moment they pull a boat brush out of their truck, tell them to leave and don't let them even get started. The moment they drop a rag on the ground, and they pick up and touch your paint with it or the moment they wipe a wheel well, then use the same rag on anything else, throw them off your site.

Blue Becon or any other commercial truck wash, no way........

Regards and hope your enjoy your new coach!
Us contractors have a special price for customers who like to watch or "help".

We also have super secret forums and meetings and discuss the special customers and warn each other about them.

That being said I have plenty of customers that no other contractors would touch because they were so particular about things. Those customers are actually pretty easy to please once you know what they're looking for.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:14 PM   #19
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
Just a quick follow up to the post above, and it may well be a matter of semantics, but it's important to clarify.

Marjoa mentions using a rotary machine for polishing. Rotary (think spins like a drill) is for trained pros only. I've been doing serious detailing for almost 20 years, and a rotary is still off limits for me. You can destroy pant very quickly is you are not careful.

Regards
Shurhold has an excellent line of dual action polishers that are the best of both worlds.

http://shurhold.com/marine/polishers

The first two are great for the novice worried about "wheel" marks.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:42 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
One rain squall while on the road and your back to square 1. Mine stays in square 1 most of the time.
I cannot physically do the task, and honestly hate it anyway.
Blue Beacon is great for most of the year. $120 for a hand wash/wax in southern AZ is an annual thing.
My rig is not a gem, has no glitz, no disco ball nor stripper pole. It's home!
And my OCD only kicks in when cooking bacon!
That funny right there!! Regards
Old 11-07-2016, 07:02 PM   #21

Where to wash/wax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvadventure View Post
That funny right there!! Regards

Just the facts, pal.
A neighbor was next to us for a week. We went on adventures every day. The neighbor cleaned his rig in/out and high buff. Rained!
The lost opportunity was not mine!
Old 11-08-2016, 03:54 AM   #22

So if you just want to wash your rig well—as I said before—you can use a foam canon—use a concentrated soap that won't remove prior applied wax—then rinse, and get the majority of the dirt, grim & pollutants off your rig and never even touch your RV. No ladders, scaffolding, foot stools, rags, towels, microfiber towels....nothing else needed. Foam, rinse and you're done.

Now, for those of you who are able or want to go further and lay down a good wax coating or work out some of the scratches/swirls, or you've removed some old decals and now you need to work that old covered area to match the existing fiberglass, you have 3 choices:
1) Have someone/company do it for you
2) For those of you who need a lot of therapy...do by hand
3) Not so much therapy, you use this and you don't need 20+ yrs. of experience.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not a big fan of soap/wax all-in-one combo solutions. For me, I've paid a lot of money for our MH, take some pride in taking care of it, and I know the damaging repercussions of not properly taking care of or protecting your fiberglass. So I choose to lay down a thick UV protectant wax. It's not that big of a deal to me.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:00 AM   #23

Add a garden hose fitting to your coach water supply and take the coach to a large parking lot. Use a garden hose or even a cheap pressure washer and wash away. In our travels there doesn't seem to be any shortage of vacant stores/lots that you could use. As long as your using your own water I don't think anyone would care.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 05:23 PM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
Ooh my gosh there are other crazy ppl out there. Just kidding. I agree get your ladder out, grab a cpl beers and have fun. Ooh after you soap Cannon your rv and wipe it off... Get out your clay bar and clay the whole rv one side at a time. Finish it with meguires marine and rv cleaner wax #50. Don't don't don't suppose the dust off... That scratches that beautiful paint,. Especially black. Have fun. You guys are great
Terryshirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:46 AM   #25

Ford Super Duty Owner
It is very enjoyable to take care of my rv and it's 24 gallons of paint but a lot of work but I've enjoyed doing this since I've owned cars. Get your ladder out and grab a cpl beers and enjoy the day.. Or 2 or so. When you get done washing it before you wax it take all the particles out of the paint by claying t first then polishing it then waxing it... Make it fun and be proud of your rv... That makes it drive do much more fun. Have fun rvn
Terryshirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:37 PM   #26

Where to wash/wax?

I envy your physical capabilities.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:48 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary1965 View Post
Tom,

Mop Kit - Internet Special With New Bug Buster Head (Not Shown) - Aero Cosmetics

First see link above for the Wash Wax All waterless product. It is the best I have ever used and you can do it anywhere, camp site, storage facility, etc... When traveling to Florida in winter or spring break time, I will stop at a Blue Beacon to get the grime off. In Florida, there are a number of wash wax trucks that will come to your site and do the whole job. I usually get that done once a year, and then use the waterless product the rest of the year. Good luck!.....Gary

2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
ONLY WAY TO GO