Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #1

Where's the dang fuse panel??? '99 Four Winds Windsport

I have a 1999 Four Winds Windsport 30' class A. I'm trying to find the coach fuse panel so I can check the fuses for my wiper motor and the storage bay lights. The problem is, I can't find the fuse panel. The owner's manual says it's under the left side of the steering wheel by the brake. There is a box there that is bolted shut and is a bear to get to.

Does anyone know where this elusive fuse panel is?
ugly_duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #2

The search for the elusive fuse, the horror story of every RV owners life. If the box you have found has a load of wiring going in from the side or from the back ( through the firewall ) that's probably where you'll find the fuse. But having the cover bolted down isn't exactly normal. Usually just clip on.

BTW. I've found fuses in 10 different locations in my RV, 3 for chassis and 7 for coach. I have a long list of location notes.

The two items your looking for should not be on the same fuse; I know you didn't need to hear that.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club

The fuse for the wipers should be with the other 'chassis' or driver's power, like lights, turn signals, heater, etc. It could be under the dash or under the hood. Some RVs have a lift off part of the dashboard and hide it there. The compartment lights is part of the 'house' function and is perhaps near your Converter/charger that gets power from the Shore cord and house batteries.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #4

In our Windsport, there was one under the hood and the one under the dash next to the steering column. Hard to get to.
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
I had a '06 Seabreeze that had a removable panel over the instrument cluster. Looked like part of the dash but was held in place with velcro. Under it was access to back of instrument panel AND fuses for chassis. Had the coach for a year before realizing the panel could be removed. Duh.
pablo77rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The wipers fuse would be in the panel supplied by the chassis manufacturer. The bay lights would be in a separate fuse panel supplied by the coach manufacturer. National put their fuse panel on some of their coaches in one of the bays. Look where converter or inverter is may be some where close by.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:32 AM   #7

Found all of them. Thanks for the tips. And of course, neither issue is related to the fuses. Glad I bought an extended warranty...
Old 08-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly_duck View Post
Found all of them. Thanks for the tips. And of course, neither issue is related to the fuses. Glad I bought an extended warranty...
Welcome to irv2. Thanks for the update. Please tell us where the fuses were so others can learn from your experience. Thanks
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #9

The coach fuse box was tucked up between the floor and the dash, to the left of the steering wheel, left of the parking brake, above two smaller components. You have to be a contortionist to get to it and/or stretch out before attempting to reach it. There's a heavier duty fuse box in the engine compartment that is easy to get to and a third box on the right side of the master bed, closer to the foot of the bed.

The washer fluid line is free of obstructions. However, my buddy said he didn't hear any motor working when I activated the washers. I'm guessing the motor for it is dead. As for the cargo bay lights, that's still a mystery. Perhaps a loose wire at the start of the daisy chain?
Old 08-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #10

Gulf Streamers Club
12 v lights would not be 'daisy chained', (series circuit) Most likely you have a switch on dash or near door that controls power to all the compartment lights.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse