Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2015, 07:26 AM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Our latest solution has resolved this question very well.

RVing with Your Pets - Make Some Room - USA RV Nomads

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2015, 08:11 AM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We have two cats that go with us when we travel. We tried the box in the shower, but it was too much trouble to clean the shower. Our bed is on a storage platform, so my husband cut a hole in the side, between the supports, and near the outside door to the bedroom. The litter box fits well, is easy to clean from the doorway and ok to clean without the door open.

UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:17 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We used to keep the litter box on the floor in front of the driver's seat when parked, and on the floor in front of the shower when moving. Unsightly, and a pita. I finally buckled down and put my brain to work, and built this "cathouse" that serves its purpose well. Cat likes the privacy and tunnel, odor and visual are under control, box remains in the same place at all times, and I have a new side table for coffee or stuff. #winwin

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1431627415.930232.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  108.2 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1431627443.153063.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  67.2 KB
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:54 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have two cats. When using the roof fan which blows air out, the cat box smell would get dragged across the room. My solution was the hole/door in the stairwell to outside compartment and I put a fan in the compartment that blows to the outside. A screen was put in front of the fan to keep bugs out. The litter box in cleaned from the outside, mostly good except when raining. The cats likes it, the wife likes it, the mother in laws likes it, which means I like it.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:13 PM   #19

We keep ours in the storage area under one of the dinette seats, with a cat flap under the table for access for our 4.
Additionally, its cleaned rigorously twice a day and we use (expensive)World's Best Cat Litter while on the road, since that seemed to give us the best odor control.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:34 PM   #20

We keep ours right under the dinette table. That way guests don't stay too long
Old 05-15-2015, 12:31 AM   #21

We travel with 4 cats and use 2 litter totes instead of litterpans. We use a clumping litter with the litter-deodorant and scoop the 2 totes twice a day faithfully. There is no odor at all. One tote is in the shower and the other between the bed and the wall. I'm hoping when we get the new RV this summer there will be space to put the 2nd tote somewhere other than the shower. We wouldn't think of going anywhere without our kitties.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:56 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
wackymac
What do you feed a 26 pound cat? A dog
Old 05-15-2015, 11:14 AM   #23

Damon Owners Club
We had a tiny swivel chair next to the entry door that we removed and replaced with two base cabinets from Ikea. We cut a hole on one side and put in a small cat door. The litter box is housed in that space. We went with frosted glass doors so they would have some light for their business....
patsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:03 AM   #24

Trip report....... Davy3

Based on this thread we bought the Booda from Amazon. Jingle and diesel took right to it. Works great, very little liter outside it. Absolutely no odor.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #25

For the first time in 14 years, we won't have to worry about cleaning out the cat's box anymore or where to put it. Cricket started going down hill a week ago and we found her dead on the kitchen floor just 5 minutes after she was talking to us through the screen door wanting to come outside with us. Not totally unexpected, but still a surprise. My wife will miss her walking and sitting in front of her when using the computer, and I will miss her crawling under neath a book I might be reading in bed. Cats are great pets, or should I say "great masters" as we were just her servants. We have a lot of good memories.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:28 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
For the first time in 14 years, we won't have to worry about cleaning out the cat's box anymore or where to put it. Cricket started going down hill a week ago and we found her dead on the kitchen floor just 5 minutes after she was talking to us through the screen door wanting to come outside with us. Not totally unexpected, but still a surprise. My wife will miss her walking and sitting in front of her when using the computer, and I will miss her crawling under neath a book I might be reading in bed. Cats are great pets, or should I say "great masters" as we were just her servants. We have a lot of good memories.
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It's always so painful to lose a fur buddy. They bring a lot of joy and add so much to our lives. Cats are particularly fun because they're so ornery.
LeeOts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:47 PM   #27

Crasher,
My sincere condolences for your loss.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:00 PM   #28

We do not full time, so we do not have to store a lot of things. Month long trips is about our limit now. We turned the storage area under the bed of our Phaeton into the litter box area. There is a product called, a Cat Hole that is used to trim out the access hole we cut and we put a motion detector night light in there. we can store the cleaning scoop and everything there( we travel with two cats). Because it is contained, we don't have bad odors. It also keep the dog out of the box. It works for us. In our old coach, we traveled with a covered round box that worked in the corner of the bedroom area, but we found we had a lot of tracked liter . In our new arrangement, we get very little liter tracked out into the coach.