Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2015, 07:19 PM   #29

Crasher, sorry for your loss. Been there done that.

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2015, 08:25 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
For the first time in 14 years, we won't have to worry about cleaning out the cat's box anymore or where to put it. Cricket started going down hill a week ago and we found her dead on the kitchen floor just 5 minutes after she was talking to us through the screen door wanting to come outside with us. Not totally unexpected, but still a surprise. My wife will miss her walking and sitting in front of her when using the computer, and I will miss her crawling under neath a book I might be reading in bed. Cats are great pets, or should I say "great masters" as we were just her servants. We have a lot of good memories.
So sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose our fur babies, hugs.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:47 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
For the first time in 14 years, we won't have to worry about cleaning out the cat's box anymore or where to put it. Cricket started going down hill a week ago and we found her dead on the kitchen floor just 5 minutes after she was talking to us through the screen door wanting to come outside with us. Not totally unexpected, but still a surprise. My wife will miss her walking and sitting in front of her when using the computer, and I will miss her crawling under neath a book I might be reading in bed. Cats are great pets, or should I say "great masters" as we were just her servants. We have a lot of good memories.
So sorry to hear this. Always hurts when you lose a family member. My condolences to you and your wife.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:37 AM   #32

Quote:
For the first time in 14 years, we won't have to worry about cleaning out the cat's box anymore or where to put it. Cricket started going down hill a week ago and we found her dead on the kitchen floor just 5 minutes after .....
I'm curious, was she ill with something? 14 is a little young for a cat to die these days of vaccines and antibiotics etc. Most are living to 18 and even 20 years.

I'm sorry you lost her and hope you decide to adopt another cat.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:21 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
I'm curious, was she ill with something? 14 is a little young for a cat to die these days of vaccines and antibiotics etc. Most are living to 18 and even 20 years.

I'm sorry you lost her and hope you decide to adopt another cat.
Several years ago, she had to have thyroid surgery. My daughter has a mobile vet service in ID and said that surgery could take three years off her life expectancy. More recently, she had lost weight and was acting as though in pain, but nothing showed up in any tests. She wasn't eating or drinking and had her re-hydrated at our vet. She came home and seemed better, but collapsed and died. My daughter and her partner think she had several small clots over the past week giving her pain and finally a larger one stopped her heart.
In a way, it was a blessing, as we were dreading the possibility of having to decide when to put her to sleep. She had a good life from the time our daughter found her near a dumpster in the winter fourteen years ago and brought her home as a Christmas present. She rode well in our motorhomes and was in complete control of both homes and the cottage. Where ever cats go after life, she will be in charge in a short time.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote