Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2016, 05:34 PM   #15

Can't go wrong with Tiffin 36LA. Missing the king size bed but x large rear bath more than makes up as does the powder room, abundant outside storage, smooth ride etc.
Have ours for 3 year and no regrets. See no need for anything else.
ps love the fact I never have to duck under slides to access compartments on patio side.
expect 25-30% off list price on new unit.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2016, 12:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Did you make that list of what's important to you????
See first post.

Old 08-27-2016, 12:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
Can't go wrong with Tiffin 36LA. Missing the king size bed
The 36UA has a king bed and bath and a half.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:49 PM   #18

Thanks for all the advice, we seem to be centering on the Bounder 35K, as we've decided we have to have the bath and a half. It looks to me like the Fleetwood product is built just a little better than Thor (from what I can see) and also it has some differentiating features like the EMS, Illumiplex, the 7kW generator on the LX package, retractable 50A cable reel, and still has the 100 gal freshwater of the Thor Miramar/Challenger. The only thing we'd be giving up would be the outside kitchen, and for that I think I can throw some beers in a cooler.

I also just discovered REV has a factory service center about 5 hours drive from us, which means that I'm going to feel much more comfortable shopping around dealers nationally knowing that even if my local dealer refuses service or isn't very good, I could drive to the factory service center.

We've also refined our list of must have's and like to have's.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:47 PM   #19

There are several great choices mentioned here. One thing you mentioned that you like to camp at state parks. State parks and National forests
normally have 34 foot limits (and many are for good reason) We had a 38 foot unit and often found ourselves on roads and in parks where we did not belong. (we dragged our rear end in a switchback one time and did 4800.00 damage). You might want to look for a 34' unit with a full body slide. That gives you a wide body when extended with lots of room and a king bed without having to deal with a lot of length. We settled for a Geaorgetown XL 337 and love it. Newmar also has a full body slide on a short coach, not sure who else. Ours is 34' long, tows 6000#, and can do a u-turn in 58 feet. This has come in real handy in mountain terrains.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:03 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimg View Post
There are several great choices mentioned here. One thing you mentioned that you like to camp at state parks. State parks and National forests
normally have 34 foot limits (and many are for good reason)
I've heard 30ft, 34ft, and it is never clear to me which states' parks...

I looked at a few online and it seemed to really vary park to park....

The Miramar 34.1 is 35' and bath and a half. The more we talk about it the bath and a half is becoming the big deciding factor.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:48 PM   #21

coach

Bath and a half is wonderful if you have kids or guests or neither.
W/D is a must as well.
Highly recommend you get a Tiffin or Newmar to avoid future disappointments.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
You didn't say new or used (or did I miss it?)
The Bounder 35K has the biggest shower. I believe it has more amenities also. I also did a year long analysis paralysis. I ended up with the Bounder and happy I made the decision. Just don't buy or get service at Lazydays.
I also just purchase the 2016 35k Bounder, I'm still in the delivery lot waiting for our punch list to get complete. No real complaints so far, things are getting taken care of pretty fast. Just wish that a couple of things on the list were revealed by our sales person. My question to is on Service, we reside in the Tampa Bay area and will be looking for service in the future, where do you take your Bounder.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:13 PM   #23

LA Gulf Coast Campers
First Choice would be Newmar. Forget frills if the thing is falling apart. Newmar is solid.
Second choice would be Tiffin.. another solid company.
Choice 3 - 60... shop around.
Choice 65 stay with Holiday Inn
Choice 75 would be any THOR product.... total crap.
Choice 86 would be any Forest River product.

Forget any Bounder product. Talked to friend yesterday with two year old coach. In shop 13 times in two years.

Now, out of warranty, the coach is leaking and needs a total new roof. Yikes.

Look at things that matter. What is the roof material. What do the owners say. Visit the factory. I looked at Newmar.... all amish men and women working with pride. One assembly line for entry level coach to the top of the like $850K DP.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:17 PM   #24

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimg View Post
normally have 34 foot limits (and many are for good reason) We had a 38 foot unit and often found ourselves on roads and in parks where we did not belong. (we dragged our rear end in a switchback one time and did 4800.00 damage). You might want to look for a 34' unit with a full body slide. That gives you a wide body when extended with lots of room and a king bed without having to deal with a lot of length. We settled for a Geaorgetown XL 337 and love it. Newmar also has a full body slide on a short coach, not sure who else. Ours is 34' long, tows 6000#, and can do a u-turn in 58 feet. This has come in real handy in mountain terrains.
State Parks up North are tiny and have few amenities. Try Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, Florida state parks. Most can take your 40' DP.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:24 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len791 View Post
I also just purchase the 2016 35k Bounder, I'm still in the delivery lot waiting for our punch list to get complete. No real complaints so far, things are getting taken care of pretty fast. Just wish that a couple of things on the list were revealed by our sales person. My question to is on Service, we reside in the Tampa Bay area and will be looking for service in the future, where do you take your Bounder.
General RV just east of Lazydays (on 92) should be able to service you. They are a REV dealer (I believe they sell Fleetwood diesels and Southwind gassers). I did hear some positive reviews about them.
The Bounder is a good unit. You should be happy once the punch list items are taken care of.
I live in the Tampa area.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:05 PM   #26

There are many happy Thor owners. As much as I enjoy this site, I wish some folks weren't so offensive. All brands have issues. We are proud of our Challenger and feel we get a lot of quality for the money.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:53 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniemac View Post
There are many happy Thor owners. As much as I enjoy this site, I wish some folks weren't so offensive. All brands have issues. We are proud of our Challenger and feel we get a lot of quality for the money.
janniemac, we shopped for the right floor plan, with more windows in shorter length mhs. No mfr. was eliminated due to tales of woe, because those first three items trumped everything. I have read horror stories from all the mfrs. and very happy campers from all of them too.
We have relatives that have worked on the line at Thor for many years and were disappointed that they did not win our business. Talking with them reveals that they are proud of their products, motivated to do quality work and said they personally think about ideas or processes to improve the final build.
We looked hard at Thor products and found a few we really liked very much. The length rule however would not allow it and that is the only reason. Thank goodness for purchase rules or we would be looking forever.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:29 PM   #28

Great insights and you are right--complaints about every brand. We all have our opinions and it's usually fun to share thoughts and ideas. In the end, we all put up the money for what we feel is best for our situation. It's really all about the experiences of being on the open road.

Tags
class a, gas