Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2015, 12:28 PM   #15

Both Ford and Workhorse switched to the 19.5 tires about 1998. So if you stay before that date you will find 16 in tires on gas powered motor homes.

Mike
mikelcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2015, 02:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
bigmarc66
Why don't you simply ask one of the other 40-80 MH owners you have done it with for the past 5 years with no issues every weekend...where they got a class A MH with 16" tires?
Mel
'96 Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Maybe this one would work? I think it has 16" wheels.
Well it never fails that you always find two types of people in life...Thanks Mr. Plymouth and mikelcan, you guys gave me something good to go off of, cheers, bigmarc66.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Plymouth View Post
I know my 1997 Damon Intruder has 16 inch wheel on a ford Chassis with a 460 engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelcan View Post
Both Ford and Workhorse switched to the 19.5 tires about 1998. So if you stay before that date you will find 16 in tires on gas powered motor homes.

Mike
bigmarc66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:43 PM   #17

There is a reason that you can't find a modern class A coach with 16" wheels. If you can't figure out why, all these folks that are trying to help you are wasting their time.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
There is a reason that you can't find a modern class A coach with 16" wheels. If you can't figure out why, all these folks that are trying to help you are wasting their time.
Where did this thread state "I WANT TO BUY A NEW MOTORHOME WITH ALL OF THE PERFECT OPTIONS FOR TRAVELING FROM CAMPSITE TO CAMPSITE?" I am involved in many Forums, Tin Boats, Iboats, HDForums, Cummins Forums, 73-87 Forum. This has by far been the most condescending group of any forum i have been a part of. The beauty of Forums is that you can respond to what you want, thus not "wasting your time" with topics that bore you.

If you dont have anything to add to a Thread, move along. Clearly a few members of this forum must have missed Forum Etiquette 101.
bigmarc66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:20 PM   #19

On this old times forum if you cant take heat (ribbing) get out of the kitchen

As was suggested ask the other 80 people you know. There are 6x6 motorhomes made for off roading on old duce and half running gear seen a few in mexico
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a