Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Which coach, HELP....lol

Ok, I have a dilema. I currently have an 05 Mountain Aire 4304. Noting wrong and a pretty nice rig. However, we have gotten the 1.5 bath bug. Ok maybe me more so than momma. So here is what I have found in my price range (kinda). ANY feedback on any of them is most welcome.

2010 Allegro Bus 43 QGP, 26K miles
2010 AC Tradition 42M, 24K miles
2010 Entegra Anthem 42 RBQ, 14K miles
2007 Essex 4508, 41K miles

These are listed in no particular order.

All Feedbck is most welcome on any of these please. We like the floorplan on all of them and all of them are very nice coachs at very close price points.

Although, I suspect we will keep our ole Mountain Aire....LOL but would still like to hear any feedback on the above.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #2

I like the Entegra especially the build quality and seamless windows and slides!
jrs1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #3

You have a Newmar so you possibly have a favored Newmar dealership and at least know the company so if good deal with new or fairly new tires, I like the Essex. I know it is older than others listed, but you are still trading up. All in the deal.....and of course the one the DW likes.
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrchips View Post
Ok, I have a dilema. I currently have an 05 Mountain Aire 4304. Noting wrong and a pretty nice rig. However, we have gotten the 1.5 bath bug. Ok maybe me more so than momma.

Although, I suspect we will keep our ole Mountain Aire....LOL but would still like to hear any feedback on the above.
I have nothing against any of your coaches listed, and I have a National, so I have no agenda. But, from what I have seen of other coaches in a rally group we belong to - I'd stay with the Mountain Aire.

JoAnn
ka7suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #5

JoAnn, care to elaborate any. Always curious and I value information received.

Of the three, My wife kinda likes the Bus layout the best. I kinda like the floorplan on the Tradition becasue the full wall slide really opens it up, but I love the Essex...lol even though it is not as new as the Bus or Tradition I still feel it is a better overall coach as far as quality and build. BUT I may becompletely off base on that thought. That is why I was soliciting information and thoughts on here. I know people that have Buses and they love them, I know poeple that have Essex's and love them. I don't know anyone that ownes an AC tradition.

Then on the flip side I read that Tiffn is having some roof issues as well as basement floors, and also that they are lacking in insulation.

I read that prior to 08 Essex's (maybe all Newmars) have delamination issues. I talked to Newmar about that and they assured me that if there were going to be delamination on an 07 it would have already happened so not to worry. My 05 MA has had zero issues. The build quality and insulation on he Newmars is top notch in my oinion.

I know that the AC's are good coaches, but you really don't hear anything about any of them, or at least I have not. I hear they have great customer service and it doesnt' matter which level of American Coach you have, beyond that I havent' heard much about them other than they are good coaches.

The Entegra is the best insulated coach out there in my opinion, unfortunately the 2010 RBQ non full elect has zero kitchen counter or cabinet space and momma said no way. So it is out before it gets started...lol

Our MA is a good coach, I think it is built well and it does everything we want. For a few dollars I could upgrade the electronics which it needs and for a few more dollars do a residential fridge upgrade. beyond the extra bath we would probably b good to go. But sometimes it is just fun to shop, learn and wish you had a newer/nicer coach.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
JoAnn, care to elaborate any. Always curious and I value information received.
Disclaimer: Ours is a 1999 National Tradewinds 7371. Newmar is the coach I'd be most apt to consider if we were to need to replace our TW. We have the floor plan, power train and size we want, so it would have to be something catastrophic to cause us to shop. So saying:

An FMCA Chapter we belong to, has primarily 'high end' coaches. Monaco's, a Newmar, a couple of Nationals . There are other brands, and they are upper end models. I am impressed with some of the 'gadgets' on the Newmar, as well as the apparent quality. Single switch bay locks, automatic awning that detects damaging winds and retracts itself. Large easy to access bays are also nice. The coach I'm thinking about is a 2002 Kountry Aire, it sounds and looks great. Of course, the (original) owners have kept it well maintained which is key for any coach. I have not heard about warranty issues with Newmars (not to say there have been none.)

So, these are just my impressions. I do know friends whose 2010 Allegro has been in the shop much of this month. I don't know details, though.

My observations are fairly trite, but you asked for opinions.

JoAnn
ka7suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #7

Here's another thought to mix in, how willing is dealer (assuming a dealer has RVs in question) to want to move particular unit. We found in our buy the dealer negotiated a lot to get the sale (example-3 yr ext warranty, WG Travler Dish & LG LED 32" in bedroom (to match the 42" previous owner had just installed in front) along with BriteView wireless HDMI system to rear TV, tow system of my choice installed to MH and my toad (Chevy Colorado), and allow my sale of 2006 Chevy dually/HR Pres 5W to go thru papper work of MH. Tires were 2010 so that was not an issue but could be in your deal if choosing the 2007 Essex, which I have already stated would be my choice. If dealer is ready to move unit, much is possible. Dealership convenience (distance) and service department would be on my list if not a full timer or nation wide reputation in dealers per brand which I believe you already understand in your choices. Just more thoughts.

As will probably take place in the overall plan of your choice, and was most definetely the key in our buy was......DW wanted THIS ONE so that is what we have, and it was not my desired choice. But one does as........

Bill
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Be sure to check the appliances/options for each coach. Traditions normally come with heated tile floors, Aqua Hots, side radiators and other items that all coaches don't have.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #9

I think we are staying with our 2005 Mountain Aire. I think we are going to just spend some money and upgrade the electronics and be done. We got realllll close on the Essex but my stubourness will not let me go beyond my dollar limit even if it is only a few grand. I think I could work and get the Allegro bus, but even though it is newer my mind tells me my 05 Mountain Aire is a better made coach, BUT I may be wrong. The tradition is out as he wants to gve virtually nothing for mine. The entegra is out as I is not all elect and momma said no way on the lack of kitchen...
Old 08-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #10

We are doing as you now plan, and just upgrading our current coach. So far have MCD shades installed, and will install res fridge next week. Then will have to ask DW what is next.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I read that prior to 08 Essex's (maybe all Newmars) have delamination issues. I talked to Newmar about that and they assured me that if there were going to be delamination on an 07 it would have already happened so not to worry. My 05 MA has had zero issues. The build quality and insulation on he Newmars is top notch in my oinion.
Newmar's can't have delamination in any shape or form as they use NO laminaition in the sidewalls. They use what used to be called "hung wall" construction in which the outside wall panel is glued to the aluminum superstructure, which is how Entegra is now doing.
The problem Newmar had is just like lots of other manufacturers, the actual surface of the wall covering cracks in the dark painted areas. Looks like spiderwebbing in the paint. Neither buffing nor repainting will cure it. Replacing the whole sidewall is the real cure. And yes, if it hasn't shown up by now it won't ever.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
Be sure to check the appliances/options for each coach. Traditions normally come with heated tile floors, Aqua Hots, side radiators and other items that all coaches don't have.
Newmar will have those too, especially in the Essex or King Aire. In fact those items are available in the Dutch Star line too although they do use the high end Oasis heating system rather than the troublesome Aqua Hot.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Never had any trouble with my Aqua-hot?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #14

We have an 08 essex and love it. Well insulated, great to drive and everything that the DW could want. We are a 1 bath config which is occasionally a issue but the extra space is worth the sacrifice.

Have fun in making your decision, starting with your MA is not a bad choice either.

Safe travels-Steve
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote