Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #15

The Bay,
Yes I see the Endeavour looks good also. We are in Newfoundland in Eastern Canada and there are no DP's around for us to view or test drive so we are hoping to gain as much info as possible through research and forums where the expertise is there. Any and all advice appreciated. We are planning to buy between next May& September and have never owned a Class A. All we know is we like the rear bath DP with a bath 1/2 floor plan and want an engine of 400 or better and as good a coach as we can afford that is fairly priced.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #16

Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Nuttmann
If you are happy with Tiffin stick with them if not switch

You have had a Tiffin product for a while so you should look at them first if you have had a good experience, IMHO. Stick with the girl you came to the dance with if she is a good dancer. If your experience has been less than great look at a bunch of others. Also, IMHO after looking at the 2011s at Redmond a couple weeks ago it seems like Monaco, Winne, Tiffin, and Newmar have VERY similar offerings in the Allegro Bus price range. Fleetwood was not there, but they also make a similar bus. If it were possible to get a low end American Coach for about the same price as the A Bus look at that too. Also, if you live close to Tiffin keep that in mind.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:17 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Again thanks for all the responses, Bob I have not had any real issues with my Allegro Bay that weren't taken care of by my dealer or Tiffin. I live ~700 miles from Red Bay but that isn't really an issue as the game plan is to sell the stick house buy the DP with bath and 1/2 then go full time. There are so many DP's out there that sometime you need an opinion from others, thanks again.
The Bay I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #18

Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Nuttmann
John - I had a lot of fun looking at a whole bunch of different motor homes and driving a lot of them. If I were again looking for a motor home that is what I would do. Carefully go through ebay, RVtrader, RVsearch, craigslist, and the consignment place in Houston PPL. If I had been a little closer to PPL I would have gone there and you are. They have a very nice choice of motor homes and the prices are fair.

I also bought the 2 disk set of the RVCG list of all motor homes made from 1993-2010. It was a very good reference to find chassis length, CCC, and so on quickly. And I utilized NADA on line to get some kind of price reference. I spent about 3 years narrowing it down. I really enjoyed it. But as my parting comment, seems like Tiffin has been good to you so you might consider giving them a bit of preference. I bought an orphan. I really love my Affinity. It is like a Ritz Carlton suite going down the road. Mine is 2002, which I think is one of the best years for Country Coach.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
Find a used Alpine 40' quad slide model. You won't find a better driving motorhome on the planet. In fact the chassis designer went to work for Tiffin, but since they went to Independent front suspension it's a little soft and some bumps kick the front end around some. The Alpine has stronger front end, and it drives like a sports car.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #20

I've owned the bus ,dynasty and endeavor all were good BUT! I wish I had the Dynasty back-just a better built unit! as they say you PAY for what u get
and this bus ain't much didn't pay as much either.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #21

Triple E Owners Club
This is my dream. Empress 2010 Overview My second choice is the Allergo Bus.
OneRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would go with the Allegro Bus. I am partial to Tiffin coaches, and as someone said, they are still in business and likely to be for a long time.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
Winne will be around too, so look some of the high end coaches over as well. Navistar won't be gone tomorrow either, so you might think along those lines. And if money is no object, I would look at Marthon too.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #24

Is a Freightliner Maxam chassis chopped liver then? Theres a dealer in every town.