Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #1

Which one of you drives the RV.

My dw is petrified to drive our mh but I see plenty of couples traveling with the wife behind the wheel. Its not like it takes testosterone to drive one so was just curious if most couples share the drive time or are more like us and rely on just one for all the driving.
I personally don't mind as I'm comfortable behind the wheel and as nervous as she gets even riding shotgun at times I would be a wreck with her driving. She has no desire and i'm okay with that. What about you?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #2

That's what happens in our MH.......If I was in the passenger seat I would be more unrelaxed..............new word here............lol.....

Old 07-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #3

I do all the driving.
tompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I do all the driving at present, but wife wishes to learn if an emergency happens.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
my wife drives as I have broken leg turns out she does a great job 38ft newmar mountain aire gasses
Old 07-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #6

I do the majority of the driving and DW will give me a two hour break if it is going to be a long day. The break is nice and I am rested for my second "shift". When I worked there were times she would take the rig to our destination and I would fly down when my vacation started. She would prefer not to do city or tight space driving, but she is perfectly capable.
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
When we got our RV she wanted to learn how to drive it. A friend's Husband broke his right ankle and could not drive it home his wife drove it and she made it. So I took it in bites, like we did the switch out in rest areas away from big towns then off the interstate switched out and I drove to the gas pumps. Then she got brave one time and pulled into the gas pumps and then pulled away ! Now we share the driving funny thing is that she seems to alway's get the construction zones with the concrete barriers. I am proud of her she does an excellant job of driving our RV. And That is 34 foot Storm with Toad!

AlanTerry
Old 07-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I've been told not to get sick or die. The DW will not drive the MH. She would not drive the F150/33' TT either. She has driven the F150 by itself when it was necessary. She is fully capable and if pushed I'm hoping she would. For now, it is not worth the arguement so I drive.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnut View Post
That's what happens in our MH.......If I was in the passenger seat I would be more unrelaxed..............new word here............lol.....
Unrelaxed I like it! Because that's what I would be, I am going to teach her how to at least get it parked somewhere just in case of an emergency.
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #10

Both of us.
TechWriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
I do all the driving although I hate to admit it but she's better at backing up than I am (I like to think that it's because I'm also better at giving directions )

Now that we have a DP, it's pretty much a moot point anyway since I'm the only one that's licensed to drive it anyway (need air brake endorsement and straigth truck driver license (D class) in Ontario)
Old 07-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRR2EYW View Post
... She would prefer not to do city or tight space driving, but she is perfectly capable.
Sandee is very capable also...I just LOVE to drive it and she would rather do other stuff.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
I do all the driving mostly because I get motion sick easily if someone else drives, in any vehicle. DW on the other hand has a commercial licence and drives school buses for a living, so I'm sure she would be fine with the MH and horse trailer. In fact she uses it around the homestead to ride with friend during the day while I'm working and I've never come home to any "modifications" to the rigs.
Chuck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #14

I do all the driving. DH does not feel comfortable driving our MH and if she's not comfortable she will not be relaxed. That opens a lot of doors where things could go wrong. Besides I love to drive it.